S3 fuel consumption - Now with added poll!

How many miles do you get from a tank in your S3

• Total voters
It's a big subject and there's no 100% answer but I notice a difference in fuel economy and performance.

hummm, ill have to give her a tank of the V power on her next fill see if i can feel a difference.... only half a tank to go haha :icon_thumright:

I wouldn't want to scare myself and analyse this topic too much. I cruise at 85-90 (where possible) and get up there quickly, drop to 2nd for 99.9% of corners at 20mph unless the circumstances dictate, and with the air-con on too, well, reckon I'm guzzling juice.

Driving to Vienna - Budapest - Frankfurt on Thursday so I'll be able to accurately map the full tank's distance.

Oh yes, German Autobahns here I come - with my de-restricting remap!

Does anyone know what the top speed is on an S3?

I sure you will find out soon enough..............:respekt:

they are restricted, i hit 155 and it stopped (BEFORE MAP) and since i have been 165 :icon_thumright: ......... on a track :undwech:

The wife has just got a S3 Sportback, I filled it up yesterday when the fuel light came on, it had done 250 miles! I hope the MPGs get better! I've got a 2.0TFSi TT and that does upwards of 38mpg!

My Audi S3 2008, with MTM software, Milltek TB, and upgraded air filter consume 25mpg (70mph)
Before the upgrade I was able to run on 32mpg at the same speed.
The fule consumption increased around 25% after the upgrade.

i think that s3 has a rev limiter rather than speed limiter..mine hits around 6400-6500rpm in 6th gear and at 265kmh/165mph, and even when the car was stock it could go even faster. will remove the limiter when i get my IC :rock:

Normally I would get 300 to 350 out of a tank.
Last week I was on a training course which involved a 88mile motorway journey a day. So I decided to find out if I drove carefully enough with no air-con or having the windows open how much fuel would I use.

After filling the car up I reset the trip mileage. At the end of the week it was 450 miles with ¼ tank left. Filled the tank back up (6 litres after the first click on the pump). It was 47.56 litres.
That equates to 43 mpg. Not too bad.

DSC00200.jpg

I average about 26mpg so roughly 330 miles per tank since I've had Revo stage 1.

I did a trip up to the Peaks last week and back and averaged 34mpg for the trip, so good fuel consumption is possible if you're doing long motorway trips and driving relatively legal speeds.

Done just under 2000 miles now since new.
Overall consumption is 29.5 mpg
Most of my running has been long distance stuff with cruise control on. This is giving me average of about 31 to 32 mpg generally.
Boot it and by god she likes a drink ! But hey she's worth it :drool:

I drove up to Sydney and back yesterday (roughly 280km each way). I had already done about 30-40km prior to leaving and then did a bit of driving in Sydney as well. I filled up when I got back home to Canberra and put in 52.5 litres of fuel. Total distance for that tank was 646km (401 miles).

The best bit was the distance to empty reading after I filled up. I had another 7km to go to get home from this point, by which time the reading had dropped to 970km, haha.

1070km.jpg

Can anyone better a distance to empty reading of 1070km (665 miles) in an S3 (even if it is total ********, haha)?

For a car that does 0-62 in 5.7 seconds I think its good value, the last car I had was an S4, which was just as quick. It has a larger tank and I was lucky to get 300 miles on it. Dam anoying having to fill up twice a week becuse a tank would only last 4 days.

I had the S4 Avant B6 & there is no way on this planet that it is as quick as an 8P S3, way to heavy & drank fuel like the oil leak from BP.

Wife drove to Fort William with the niece. She drove easy , when she got back she had covered 400+ miles with a 1/4ish tank left.

Feck me, was she coasting lmfao

says she kept it 60 and below. with a boot full of camping gear to boot.