Monster MotorsportBadger5
Page 1 of 66 123456781151 ... LastLast
Like Tree359Likes

Thread: The "Rimz" Thread ** Look here before requesting pics of specific wheels**

Boycie

Status

The "Rimz" Thread ** Look here before requesting pics of specific wheels**

Don't know about you lot but there seems to be a lot of threads the past while asking

• What wheels for my sportback?
    • What 19" wheels?
    • 18's or 19s? etc.....
    So.....here is the start of the "Rimzzzz" thread, just for N8, post below, I will get the ball rolling:

Last edited by Broken Byzan; 24th April 2010 at 13:43. Reason: Change titile and stick

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    You forgot to put the sizes
    2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo

1st Gear

Status
    Nice rimzzzzzzzzz
    S3 SOLD
    Phantom Black S3 . MTM Stage 2 , Buckets , H&R , Milltek ......every Audi option.....................

Neutral

Status
    some rims from moi:

dannyb165, Bailey69 and Vizard like this.
    if ya aint rub`n, ya aint dub`n

6th Gear

Status
    Useful thread, should be made sticky
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

3rd Gear

Status
    Nice one Boydie,some great looking cars
    A3,tdi sportback,remaped,custom turbo back zorst,green filter,19"speedlines,airlift ,xenons,votex side skirts & spoiler,smoothed sline front,s3 back bumper, s3 mirror's,red nappa,s3 vents,pedals, gearknob,fbmfsw,opensky and more. ow and an RS4

For sale ....dolphin grey tdi 2006 front and back bumpers with grill,fogs etc,mirrors,sportback standard rear lights and mudflaps.
    All going cheap lol
    Also my mint 19 x 9 polished and red faced speedlines,with all good toyo t1rs,coming soon :o)

Status
    RS4 replica's on S3

Size: 235/35/19's (122PCD 5 stud / ET35)

I was sold these by Wheelbase under the pretense of them being ET45's, but the rears still rub under damper compression. Turns out the receipt has been cooked to say ET45 and they actually appear to be ET35's based on the cladding paperwork which separated the wheels

Please also be aware that aftermarket rims can have questionable quality finish. I purchased these as I really disliked the OEM rims' but due to spending on mods had a limited budget. I bought unsighted, and already I have had them fully refurbed inside 6 months to get an acceptable quality finish. They have a high number of weights on them to balance them, and they are heavy to start with. If you are considering wheels I strongly suggest you buy branded (e.g. BBS/OZ/OEM wheels) either new (if you are minted), or look for second hand (if you are on a budget). I will use these as I have them, but they will never be great wheels.

Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

3rd Gear

Status
    Good honest write up Warren,a lot of people that buy reps will not have a bad word said about them.
    But you have shown that as with most things in life you get what you pay for.
    But if you are on a budget they are fine but not perfect.
    A3,tdi sportback,remaped,custom turbo back zorst,green filter,19"speedlines,airlift ,xenons,votex side skirts & spoiler,smoothed sline front,s3 back bumper, s3 mirror's,red nappa,s3 vents,pedals, gearknob,fbmfsw,opensky and more. ow and an RS4

For sale ....dolphin grey tdi 2006 front and back bumpers with grill,fogs etc,mirrors,sportback standard rear lights and mudflaps.
    All going cheap lol
    Also my mint 19 x 9 polished and red faced speedlines,with all good toyo t1rs,coming soon :o)

3rd Gear

Status
    The girlfriends

All going cheap lol

6th Gear

Status
    Boydie, can you please put the size, make and model of each wheel on each picture please

Also, where are my pics of your boot build!?
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

Interior Next!!

Status
    evocos, you girls car is lovely, if i was goin show car route i would defo go for the bentlys! a guy round the corner from me has a sprtback in meteor with these and hes had the centre colour coded too looks the dogs!!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    evocos, you girls car is lovely, if i was goin show car route i would defo go for the bentlys! a guy round the corner from me has a sprtback in meteor with these and hes had the centre colour coded too looks the dogs!!
    Cheers Mate,kept the bentleys on most of the time last year,but its not fair on the misses as she only frets about kerbing them,so now refurbed
    gonna just run them now and again.
    Yeah went colour coded an had outers stripped and polished for a better shine,but not so easy to keep clean.
    Also got full turbo back milltech to go on tonight

All going cheap lol

Neutral

Status
    Awesome thread, should be sticky...

Boycie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    Boydie, can you please put the size, make and model of each wheel on each picture please

Also, where are my pics of your boot build!?
    I got sidetracked last night lol I will send you pics of the build this evening unless you can view them on photo bucket? my photobucket ID is Boydieson85

I will try put size and makes on each pic - most are 19" BBS - CH, CK or LM

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    I got sidetracked last night lol I will send you pics of the build this evening unless you can view them on photo bucket? my photobucket ID is Boydieson85

I will try put size and makes on each pic - most are 19" BBS - CH, CK or LM
    I was joking
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

Boycie

Status
    Severl more!!

Photoshop but quite a good one:

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    wow brilliant thread! what ace wheels!!!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warrencox View Post
    RS4 replica's on S3

Size: 235/35/19's (122PCD 5 stud / ET35)

I was sold these by Wheelbase under the pretense of them being ET45's, but the rears still rub under damper compression. Turns out the receipt has been cooked to say ET45 and they actually appear to be ET35's based on the cladding paperwork which separated the wheels

Please also be aware that aftermarket rims can have questionable quality finish. I purchased these as I really disliked the OEM rims' but due to spending on mods had a limited budget. I bought unsighted, and already I have had them fully refurbed inside 6 months to get an acceptable quality finish. They have a high number of weights on them to balance them, and they are heavy to start with. If you are considering wheels I strongly suggest you buy branded (e.g. BBS/OZ/OEM wheels) either new (if you are minted), or look for second hand (if you are on a budget). I will use these as I have them, but they will never be great wheels.

i completely agree , i have RS4 reps too have had them re finnished last week , they too need lots of weights to balance them , i suppose you get what you pay for but if you add the wheels , tyres and refinish i could have nearly got the bbs ck s i wish i had got !! the RS4 s look very good now in dark grey but i would nt say they are quality
    S3 , CUSTOM CODE , NON RES MILLTEK , FORGE DV , 19" BBS CK (ANTHRACITE) , GREEN COTTON FILTER , ECS DOGBONE INSERT + EVERY AUDI OPTION

6th Gear

Status
    Some pics Ginger ?
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

1st Gear

Status
    some magic pics . gonna have to get me some new wheels.......................
    S3 SOLD
    Phantom Black S3 . MTM Stage 2 , Buckets , H&R , Milltek ......every Audi option.....................

Boycie

Status

Love it!!!
    Sline Quattro likes this.

1st Gear

Status

BBS CH 19'
    8J
    ET 50
    235/35/19 ykohoma's

09' imola yellow S3...
    h&r spings, forge twintake, forge dv, frc software, autotech hpfp, 76mm dp + zorst, bbs ch 19's & defi boost gauge

Too Much Hype

Status
    very good thread!

Too Much Hype

Status
    dont forget the BE anthracite rims...

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    Another shot of the S3 with new RS6 wheels on, it so nice, me rike....

And some 19's I think..

A4 B6 Avant 130 Sport Dolphin Grey. FCA - Storage Pack - Advanced Lighting - Retro Fit Cobra Park assist - Gen OEM RS6's - Parrot Kit with screen in ashtray. Coming soon, stealth audio upgrade, LCR splitter.

Previously 60 plate Octavia VRS, Dull Mk6 Golf, A3 8P Sport with mods, New shape Jetta,2 x Passat B6 Sports with AMG 19's, A4 DTM, A4 S-Line, Bora 130 Sport Decked, Toledo TT comp Wheels, some other stuff, Alfa's etc. 1st car 1986 Polo Coupe S.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status

Are these Merc alloys???? If so would they go straight on?? Did try on an A6 in 19s but rubbed loads.
    Think these are what I will go for if I can get some to fit!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by 4NT View Post
    Where you find that pic ant?

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    I had it sat in an old car pics file from when I considered an A3 about 5 or 6 years back. Do you know of it? Looks like an 8P1 Sport, ....is nice yes?
    A4 B6 Avant 130 Sport Dolphin Grey. FCA - Storage Pack - Advanced Lighting - Retro Fit Cobra Park assist - Gen OEM RS6's - Parrot Kit with screen in ashtray. Coming soon, stealth audio upgrade, LCR splitter.

Previously 60 plate Octavia VRS, Dull Mk6 Golf, A3 8P Sport with mods, New shape Jetta,2 x Passat B6 Sports with AMG 19's, A4 DTM, A4 S-Line, Bora 130 Sport Decked, Toledo TT comp Wheels, some other stuff, Alfa's etc. 1st car 1986 Polo Coupe S.

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    They wouldn't look right on a 3 door. They would suit mine though perfectly. Race you to a set!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by 4NT View Post
    I had it sat in an old car pics file from when I considered an A3 about 5 or 6 years back. Do you know of it? Looks like an 8P1 Sport, ....is nice yes?
    Was just interested in seeing the CHs lowered, no worries dude.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie123 View Post
    They wouldn't look right on a 3 door. They would suit mine though perfectly. Race you to a set!

On your marks.......

(I know they'd suit the 3 door far better!!)

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post

Are these Merc alloys???? If so would they go straight on?? Did try on an A6 in 19s but rubbed loads.
    Think these are what I will go for if I can get some to fit!
    Yep look like merc brabus wheels,they would fit just depends on what offset they are,as to what spacers you would need

All going cheap lol

Interweb creep

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post

Love it!!!
    Cheers Boydie

Car is currently in winter mode, but will be sold in the summer, replaced by an Ibis S3, so the wheels may change colour soon

BBS SUPER RS FTW

Interior Next!!

Status

BBS CH 18x8 et50 on 225/40/18 michelin ps2's
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

The King of Cannock

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IanS3 View Post
    Cheers Boydie

Car is currently in winter mode, but will be sold in the summer, replaced by an Ibis S3, so the wheels may change colour soon
    Are the Super RS 18"? Would love a set

Air, OZ, Tarrox, on a TDI

Interweb creep

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by b19ctr View Post
    Are the Super RS 18"? Would love a set
    Yea they are 18's but you can also get 19's. They are still produced in Japan, but cost about 5k for the rims only.

Best bet is to look at memoryfab or edition38 classified. There was a set on ed38 which have just sold, think they went for 2k

BBS SUPER RS FTW

Boycie

Status
    N8, not happy with your contribution here.....

6th Gear

Status
    jeeze, some of those slammed would be un-driveable where I live LOL. All food for thought, Cheers Boydie
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

5th Gear

Status
    Few of mine - must get some better pics taken now the weathers better

Paul R

S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep
    S3's now sold - roll on the Golf MK1 Project

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I contribute everyday of the week to this forum Boyds

Page 1 of 66 123456781151 ... LastLast