The "Rimz" Thread ** Look here before requesting pics of specific wheels**

Well i,m trying to sell her and if no one wants her i will trade her in for a newer model..:)

Hi has anyone got these alloys on there a3 ? And know wat there called ?

5644606f.jpg

Hi folks....hoping this is the right place to ask this question rather than posting up another thread.

I have looked through the forum but can't see the exact answer I'm looking for.

I want to replace my standard S3 8P (07) alloys, can anyone tell me what size they came in please? All i know is they’re 18”.

Thanks for any info :thumbsup:

Hi folks....hoping this is the right place to ask this question rather than posting up another thread.

I have looked through the forum but can't see the exact answer I'm looking for.

I want to replace my standard S3 8P (07) alloys, can anyone tell me what size they came in please? All i know is they’re 18”.

Thanks for any info :thumbsup:

The size is stamped on the back of the spokes - 18x7.5J ET56

Thinking of getting these rims Martay, would 18 x 7.5 ( 5x100/114.3 5x110/112) ok? Also how does the off set work?
Large Image

Cheers :)

You want pcd 5x112, that's the stud pattern and pitch circle diameter (the diameter of the circle that can be drawn between the middle of the bolts) - 5 bolts making a 112mm circle.

Those wheels are listed with 2 pcds because they are "multi-fit" - have two sets of holes drilled for different size fittings. I don't see anything on that site about offsets though.

Offset, or ET (something German for offset) is the measurement between the centre line of the wheel (across the tyre) and where the back of the mounting face meets the hub. Basically, the lower the ET number, the more the wheel sticks out. On 8Ps, you are looking at around ET45 for a nice sit without worrying about rubbing on the arch for an 8". Looks like for a 7.5", ET35 is about right. Use this as a guide:

Wheel Offset Calculator

Or this for an even better visual idea of how different tyre sizes will fit different wheels:

Online Wheel & Tyre Fitment calculator. Offset, Tyre stretch and Rolling Radius calculator

Last edited:
Thanks Martay for all of your help, very much appreciated. Maybe the mods might make your links a sticky for future help? Now to get that useless man of mine to get me some wheels :rockwoot:

The links are already in this thread somewhere, but saves having to search them out.

Also, glad to help wherever and however I can. Once you get your new wheels, get some pics up too!

yeah, i had a set of 8p2's on my old 1.6 sport no bother make sure they are genuine though as reps have a different offset, i always buy genuine as theyre stonger anyway

Sorry for my first post but looking at 18" rims for an 8P2, lowering 20/30mm in the future. Which is the better option 8" front & rear or 8" front/9" rear? ET42 on both. I dont want to worry about rubbing or rolling the arches.

Love 19" wheels but just not doable with the daily commute on country roads :(

cheers
scott

19's are doable on a daily commute, my new boots ;)

IMG_20120703_072137.jpg

IMG_20120703_072147.jpg

IMG_20120703_072151.jpg

IMG_20120703_072203.jpg

IMG_20120703_072210.jpg

IMG_20120703_075720.jpg

need some tlc slimmer rubber and some lows but you see where im going ;)

235 35 19's lad they do disproportion things they will go next year but they have good tread so it seemed a shame to waste the tyres plus it saves me almost 800 this year ;)

it is a bit especially with the current camber need to book 4 wheel alignement this lunch!

very happy with it overall though sepecially with the offset, plenty of room for my other plans now

Hmmm what are the dimensions for those alloys then? Offset and width? Why do you want to go slimmer? I would go or 235 if it makes it more comfy but I always thought it would catch?

i want to go slimmer for proportion and looks to go with the air ride im designing, these are only summer wheels i have winter wheels availible

i cant recall its only about 4 off of the standard et of s3, they are genuine scirocco lugano alloys

ahh 41s thats why it sits so nicely on the wings...
and since they arent too wide i see how the 235s can sit and not rub... il keep that in mind when i get my rims.

They'll be fine as I'm lower than saline stock anyway as I have an s3 plus there's bags of room at least 30mm on top of that on the rear before stretch and tuck come into play

Reactions: SteelCity-G
Can anyone recommend a place to find some Hyper Silver Replica RS4 wheels in 19"?
I have my 2008 A3 s-line lowered with Eibach sportlines so would need to find a set that have the correct offset (or maybe use spacers).
Think the best tyre size would be either 215/35/19 or 225/35/19 as far as I know.
Any help would be great.

Chris

Can anyone recommend a place to find some Hyper Silver Replica RS4 wheels in 19"?
I have my 2008 A3 s-line lowered with Eibach sportlines so would need to find a set that have the correct offset (or maybe use spacers).
Think the best tyre size would be either 215/35/19 or 225/35/19 as far as I know.
Any help would be great.

Chris

it really depends on the offset and alloy width but your better off starting your own thread