Stuck coin drawer

Revolver

Reaction score
Hi all,

First off, I have owned an 09 S3 for a month now and it's awesome - Ibis white, s-tronic gearbox, a bit better than my old Clio Sport.

Anyway, I've been an idiot and closed my coin drawer with my Ipod nano inside. The drawer is shut and will not open. It's looks slightly pushed in and won't release. Is there anything I can do? Will the car need a trip to the dealer?

Any information would be helpful...

you sure you can't wedge something inbetween - be careful not to scratch anything..
If not you could always get some radio keys, pull your radio out, and the trim around the coin drawer should be easy to remove, and voila you should easily be able to take it out then :icon_thumright:

there was a similar thread a couple months back on here, do a search, hopefully there will b a solution for you

Cool, thanks for the information. I'll have a search around.

You can pop the surround trim out which might let you see where its hooked up

Mine has been stuck since the day I collected it in Janary but as I never use it haven't got around to fixing it, I always usd to leave an emergency £10 in mine in case I was out without any funds.

Lol the amount of times mine has got stuck is ridiculous. I took it to Audi the first 2 times. Now it's easy enough, as someone said, first see if you can wedge something to pull it out. If you can't, the surrounding trim pulls off fairly easy. I broke the drawer once by pulling it too hard, it came off the runners? Audi fixed it ok without any new parts though. I also had a coin stuck down the back of it once or twice, so be careful not to overfill with coins, as they can get stuck!

I keep AA membership card and a few 50p's and £1 coins for the Dartford crossing toll :)

The membership card is a great idea as it's out of sight but pretty convenient. I've put car park tickets into it for the trip between the ticket machine and the parking space.

The coin drawer looks cool but I'm sure it's actually a waste of space... still it does make people laugh when you slide it out (that's what she said anyways).