JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Got An A3 View Post
    All this anticipation an some woman made me drive into the side off her last night
    any damage?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

2. # ADS
    ADS

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    All this anticipation an some woman made me drive into the side off her last night
    Noooo, hope there isnt too much damage!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Geordie Racer

Status
    How did she make you drive into her? :o Whats the damage?

Sarah - did you get your front bumper? Noticed it isnt in your 'Wanted' items...
    AUDI S3 2007 Dolphin Grey

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    3.2 V6 Quattro S-Line DSG
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

1st Gear

Status
    I was driving down a main road, an she shot out of a junction crossing the main road to get into another junction!

The girl admitted it was her fault, she said she only looked right (i was coming from the left)

The bumpers recked bonnets a bit crumpled at the front, luckily i boguht the new parts, car could stil be written off though, hers was, i think she was speeding and just went for it her car ended up down the road facin me and my car was just stopped were i hit her
    Thanks to an idiot woman, my conversion was delayed!
    Audi A3 2.0TDi Sport 54 Plate 3dr in black!

Selling a brand new black bonnet for A3 2003-2005, and a S-Line grill (although its condition is only OK) PM ME

I'm gunna make an induction kit for my A3 using kitchen sieves and it's gunna work

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

I was driving down a main road, an she shot out of a junction crossing the main road to get into another junction!

The girl admitted it was her fault, she said she only looked right (i was coming from the left)

The bumpers recked bonnets a bit crumpled at the front, luckily i boguht the new parts, car could stil be written off though, hers was, i think she was speeding and just went for it her car ended up down the road facin me and my car was just stopped were i hit her
    Ouch,
    feel bad for you mate, do you have a picture of the damage.... a before and after pic maybe?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

1st Gear

Status
    its bad quality cos i only took 1 pic an it was at night, il upload now

Selling a brand new black bonnet for A3 2003-2005, and a S-Line grill (although its condition is only OK) PM ME

I'm gunna make an induction kit for my A3 using kitchen sieves and it's gunna work

1st Gear

Status
    Before

After

Not bothered about my reg

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Does there look like there is any damage on your chassis? if the chassis is not damaged then you shouldnt worry, and even if it is a write off you have the parts so just buy the car back from insurance and then just get the parts fitted on... you could keep it after or just sell the car on and make a profit! then go and buy yourself a better A3?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Before

After

Not bothered about my reg
    Is she ok? i mean before she was on your bonnet, after she isnt... hope she can be replaced
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

The damage in the pic doesn't look too bad, cosmetic on the front end... can you see if the Rad is still straight?

hey one more thing, and i dont mean to put you off here but if you want to sell the S-line bumper then i will be happy to take it off you...
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

1st Gear

Status
    I'll let you know how it goes then il sell my parts

1st Gear

Status
    Whats the rad? Opening the bonnet everthing looks fine but all my fluids leaked so its hard to tell

Gievf Buckets

Status
    women drivers eh sarah?

hope it isnt too bad mate

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Whats the rad? Opening the bonnet everthing looks fine but all my fluids leaked so its hard to tell
    i meant the radiator... hope fully thats not touched.

good luck though. hopefully they won't write it off and you might even be able to get the garage to fit your new bumpers for you when they go to repair it.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

1st Gear

Status
    Cant tell tbh its covered by the bumper il let you's know what happens btw how can i sell it and make profit?

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Cant tell tbh its covered by the bumper il let you's know what happens btw how can i sell it and make profit?
    errmmmok let me try and explain this one

If your car gets written off by the insurance they will pay you out the pre-accident value of the car. They will also offer you to buy the car (salvage) back at around 20-25% of the total pre-accident value.
    Example:
    Car pre-accident = Ł8000
    buy back (20%) = Ł1600

If you do decide to buy the car back then in the example above you will be paid Ł6400 and be given your car back. Then take the salvaged car to a garage and get then to fit your new bumper and bonnet on and then sell off the now fixed car.
    After you pay the garage to fix it up and then resell it as a written off car you can probably sell the car for about Ł5500, so you will still have made a profit on the car!

Realistic values:
    Car pre-accident = Ł8000
    buy back (20%) = Ł1600
    Policy excess? = Ł300
    total paid minus buy back and excess = Ł6100
    Repair of car with pre purchased S-Line parts? = Ł500-Ł800?? Not really sure how much this would cost but im sure someone here can quote you rough prices.
    Sale of now fixed car = Ł5500

Total left from above (roughly) = Ł11,000

go and buy a nice A3 once you are done!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

bare in mind i have just given you a rough idea of the costs and prices, but im sure you can demand more from the insurance for the value of your car and then try to sell the car for a higher price?

But lets just hope the car does not get written off as the above procedure is a long and painful process!
    I know i have been in 2 write off's in the last year... i now might be better off and am now driving an A3 due to the 2 accidents but still a lot of stress involved!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Geordie Racer

Status
    Looking at that picture above theres no way I can see that car being written off... unless there is some serious internal/engine bay/structural damage we aint seeing... but from what can be seen in the picture I think you'll have a CAT D on your hands.

My only concern is you said 'all my fluids leaked' - if you have a friend who knows their way around a car have him/her check it over to put your mind at rest...

I think it'll be fine!

Fingers crossed for you mate - its awful when this **** happens.

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for that itwasntme, il have a think about that
    Car got picked up earlier today by a flatbed whuch had an a6 on it aswel as mine i started the car it turned on fine and drove fine lol, dis told me to refill my washer though(lol)
    then went to enterprise to pick up a similar car to mine a 1.4i sxi astra59 plate, similar my arse, waited like 2 hours for a covernote to come sayin i can drive the car because im only young!

My policy never had a courtesy car on it so im presumin shes admitted to it all and they arranged it for me!

Cars with solus in warrington, dno what happens next il just have to wait and see, scared though as theres a few things i never got around to declaring

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    women drivers eh sarah?

hope it isnt too bad mate
    lol, you know my feelings on certain women drivers!!!!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

What kind of things did you not declare?
    usually they only penalise you for not declaring stuff if the accident is your fault and they are looking for a way out of not paying you. but in this case it is all her fault so you should be fine. I would have gone to an accident management company and get them to deal with your claim... this way you do not even need to pay them any excess fee and they would have treated you like royalty as they would be making money off of your claim at no fee to you whatsoever.
    I have gone through insurance policies with a fine comb and have some friends in the business... its disgusting how many people these insurance companies rip off just for the odd hundred quid.
    dont worry mate like Hells said doesnt look like its going to be too serious... and even if they do start saying they cannot repair it you can always challenge them and take your car to another garage for a second
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellz View Post
    How did she make you drive into her? :o Whats the damage?

Sarah - did you get your front bumper? Noticed it isnt in your 'Wanted' items...

No not yet! Really want it all done now!
    Last edited by Sarah's A3; 23rd April 2010 at 20:55.

1st Gear

Status
    Was only my tints and alloys they did ask me on the phone did it have any modifications and i said no because i was scared incase he just said well you never updated your policy so its your loss

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Was only my tints and alloys they did ask me on the phone did it have any modifications and i said no because i was scared incase he just said well you never updated your policy so its your loss
    crack on thats how the car was when you bought it! You dont know exact specs of every car!!!! lol They cant prove otherwise!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    just plead ignorance and say it was fitted standard, if it has an audi badge on it how are you supposed to know, worked with me a few years back, of course all my mods are insured now

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods

Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    haha great minds think alike eh sarah

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    just plead ignorance and say it was fitted standard, if it has an audi badge on it how are you supposed to know, worked with me a few years back, of course all my mods are insured now
    great minds lol

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    haha great minds think alike eh sarah
    haa haa snap again!!! Spooky eh!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    that is very spooky. im thinking of a number hahaha

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    that is very spooky. im thinking of a number hahaha
    lol, was only thinking of my favourite number lol!!!!!!!!!

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Hey guys,

I have finally bought myself a Front S line grill and bumper and also have a rear sline bumper which now both need to be painted... can anyone tell me where the best place is to get the front S Line fogs and grill??
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Geordie Racer

Status
    AUDI, TPS or ebay.

I've got an S-Line passenger side fog lamp for sale on ebay at the moment. I ordered it from Germany and it took so long to arrive that by the time it did I'd bought a new one from TPS and the conversion was complete :S

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT

PREVIOUS:
    AUDI A3
    AUDI S3 8L
    AUDI A3 1.8T Quattro
    8L

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Hellz View Post
    AUDI, TPS or ebay.

I've got an S-Line passenger side fog lamp for sale on ebay at the moment. I ordered it from Germany and it took so long to arrive that by the time it did I'd bought a new one from TPS and the conversion was complete :S

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT
    How much did you get them from TPS?
    Whats a good price to pay for the fogs and grills?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

1st Gear

Status
    Hello!

Asked garage about fitting the parts they said should be fine to do so and they will ask their manager, so i phoned back today and they said they cannot fit them although he didn't know why because it has to come out the garage as it should because third parties insurance is paying, he did say however they could paint my bonnet and bumper whilst they paint the new original bumper an bonnet, for Ł200+VAT, so i might aswell do that, this way i will be able to sell the parts like i was going to after fitting the new ones, car should be out in a week and a half apparently, so more time added to my impatient wait, thinking off selling my s-line grill and getting a black one in the meantime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should I?

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Hello!

Asked garage about fitting the parts they said should be fine to do so and they will ask their manager, so i phoned back today and they said they cannot fit them although he didn't know why because it has to come out the garage as it should because third parties insurance is paying, he did say however they could paint my bonnet and bumper whilst they paint the new original bumper an bonnet, for Ł200+VAT, so i might aswell do that, this way i will be able to sell the parts like i was going to after fitting the new ones, car should be out in a week and a half apparently, so more time added to my impatient wait, thinking off selling my s-line grill and getting a black one in the meantime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should I?

I bought a S Line front bumper with the grill but it turned up with a crack in the grill and a few cracks in the bumper. The body shop said the bumper is fine as he can fix it but the grill might not be fix-able so i might be looking to buy a S-Line grill...

other option is to buy one of these...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Reverse Gear

Status
    i would like to do an s3 front bumper however i am curious if a standard a3 or standard a3 s-line grille will fit with it? i do not want to upbadge a car nor do i want to wear a badge of a car that isnt the one it is... secondly, anyone here shave their washers and disable them? any issues with bondo cracking or seeing it after a few months / years?

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
    i would like to do an s3 front bumper however i am curious if a standard a3 or standard a3 s-line grille will fit with it? i do not want to upbadge a car nor do i want to wear a badge of a car that isnt the one it is... secondly, anyone here shave their washers and disable them? any issues with bondo cracking or seeing it after a few months / years?
    What year is your car? if its older than the current newer 8P (04-08) then you can only use the S3 grill in the S3 Bumper as the S Line grill will be too big to fit into the S3 Bumper.
    You can change the badge back to the sline if you dont want it to show as an S3... have a search on the forum as there are a few already here that have done this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Reverse Gear

Status
    my apologies, i should have made that clear... 2007 audi a3 3.2q. thank you for the help.

1st Gear

Status
    Can somebody quickly tell me the part number for the tow cap on my sline bumper?
    It's a diamond shape but it's rounded on every corner, its not rounded on 2 edges like normal, scared incase it's not genuine!

Thanks!!!

Need it urgently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st Gear

Status
    P.S. Will my bumper say what part no it is anywhere on it? It shows to part numbers where the washer jets should be can't find any others though!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast