JMB RetrofitsChris Nott

Status

Question Anyone fitted RS4 fuel rail after stage 2+ Revo?

Saw a thread where a guy was having a few issues with HPFP. Thought it may be interested for those who have just had INTERNALS (e.g. not APR full pump installed). Link to thread here: LINKY

Has anyone else on here fitted the RS4 fuel rail on their S3 8P?

Also, does anyone know where the OEM fuel filter is located?

Thinking of doing this mod when I get back from Germany in a few weeks time. Need to get up to Revo when I get back so they can set up the map to accommodate.

Thanks in advance

Warren
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

2. # ADS
    ADS

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Are you talking about the RS4 fuel return valve here? If you are then here are my thoughts...

I've not done the mod myself as I am only stage 1 at the moment. My understanding is that this mod will potentially help you no matter which HPFP you have installed (APR, Autotech etc).

The theory goes like this - The OEM fuel return valve opens at 130 bar and allows pressure to drop to 127 bar,then it starts building pressure back up again until it reaches 130 bar at which point the cycle is repeated.. The RS4 valve does not open until the pressure reaches 136 bar and allows the pressure to drop until it reaches 130 bar before it starts building the pressure back up.

So a stage 2+ map requests 130 bar of of rail pressure therefore this mod should be beneficial to you as it will help you maintain 130 bar fuel rail pressure rather than fluctuate from 130 - 127 bar with the OEM system. Before spending any money I would thoroughly log block 230 with VCDS to see if your rail pressure is actually fluctuating to see if you would benefit from the RS4 valve.

I do not think REVO would need to make any changes to your map to accommodate this mod imo.
    Ice Silver S3 + every single option + REVO + BSH Street Can + Forge Twintake + Autotech

Status
    Cheers for the heads up.

Clutching at straws trying to resolve issues after a particularly unfruitful visit to a midlands based tuning house

Don't suppose you know where the fuel filter is located?

cheers

Warren

6th Gear

Status
    Hey Warren try giving Ben at AVP a call, he writes for Audi mag in the technical section and is extremely knowledgable... 01283 548 483

Got to be worth a try.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Boycie

Status
    The fuel filter is located on the bottom left hand corner if you are facing the engine just infront of the water jet bottle - its a long life filter

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Assuming the S3 is the same as the GTI it should be located under the car just forward of the right rear wheel.
    Ice Silver S3 + every single option + REVO + BSH Street Can + Forge Twintake + Autotech

Status
    Car is getting 'Ringed' on Friday, so want to resolve any little issues before I go.

Service today (& a diagnosis).

Wheels being refurbed and refitted tomorrow.

Thanks for all your comments guys.

3rd Gear

Status
    The fuel filter is at the rear as KRL said, have been under my car quite a few times and spotted it quite a few times.

Heres the RS4 fuel pressure reg. on ETKA

Cheers Davie
    Last edited by david_phillips95; 29th March 2010 at 15:46.

3rd Gear

Status
    Warren, did you get this valve fitted? What did you think?

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

5th Gear

Status
    Haz1 has fitted it and says there is a tangible improvement, and hes not running an uprated HPFP
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

2nd Gear

Status
    Just bought this along with some ik24 plugs in preparation for stage 2+ on Monday, looks a right tw@t to fit though, can anyone confirm?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gynads View Post
    Just bought this along with some ik24 plugs in preparation for stage 2+ on Monday, looks a right tw@t to fit though, can anyone confirm?
    Yes this is very tricky to fit, you will need to take the fuel rails off, and make sure in the process you dont chip/crack the vacuum pipes or their clips, my mechanic found that out the hard way lol.
    Audi S3 8P2 | Merlin Purple | Black Optics | Recaro Bucket Seats | Privacy Glass | Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights | Bluetooth Phone Prep. | MTM Stage 2 | Milltek TBE | ITG Stage 2 Induction Kit | Odyssey Racing 40 Battery | Rev D DV | Denso IK24 Spark Plugs | RS4 Pressure Regulator Valve | TTS Engine cover | To do: Autotech HPFP

2nd Gear

Status
    Nightmare! Thanks for the heads up Haz

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry to drag this up! has anyone fitted these at home and any tips? think i need one as my is making a few noises! Cheers

2nd Gear

Status
    I got one fitted when i got my stage 2+, the garage said it was a pain and had issues with threads being a touch different but all fitted and working fine now
    S3 gone but not forgotten, now on a Golf R

Boycie

Status
    I have bought one and attempted fitting last night along with the HPFP but to no avail - IMO to do the job properly and safely, the inlet manifold has to come off!

2nd Gear

Status
    It would be great if someone can post up some before and after logs during this upgrade.
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

DMFW + Clutch For Sale

5th Gear

Status
    The only difference you will see is a smoother power curve as there will be less of a flat spot around 5-6k rpm. Thats my experience anyway.
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

Boycie

Status
    Need to get it fitted this week or the next as I am now on Stage 2+