Swapping headunit

robby

Reaction score
I have a 6 disc/ cassette Symphony 2 headunit which the display keeps flickering?

I'm thinking of swapping it with a later Concert unit (with the chrome buttons) but was hoping someone could help me

1. Is the newer Concert a straight swap from a 2008/ 2009 into my 2006 connectors?
2. what's the difference between these 2 Concert units - 8PO035186G and 8PO035186P (same number but last digit is different)?

Thanks

I believe your stereo will be iso connectors and the newer concert 2+ will be quadlock. You can buy an adapter loom for this though.

You will also have to modify the adapter loom slightly to get the new stereo to power up.

You may also get very poor radio reception, as the newer concert 2+ uses a different antenna system.

All of the above are fixable though.

I did this swap a while back, but went from single din concert to dbl concert 2+

As for the part numbers........no idea sorry :)

you need to buy a can adapter for the stereo ,or for most stereos around 30 quid or you wont be able to power it up

you need to buy a can adapter for the stereo ,or for most stereos around 30 quid or you wont be able to power it up

No you dont.

You just need to piggyback a wire from one quadlock pin to another

mines not quadlock , also what about the sub woofer connections ? just asking as im about to buy the can bus adapter myself

all you need is a rns-e iso/quadlock harness from fleabay.

Then you need to piggy back one wire from one pin to another to allow the stereo to power up.

I have a chrome button, symphony 2 (I think, possibly not if that's what yours is,will check) along with iso to quadlock adaptor and aerial adaptor which I will sell.

Stereo is out of a 2008 S3, have the wires and pins as they came with an RNSe I bought and were not needed for my car.

Pm if interested.

Is it this type of connector i need Scottie - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CELSUS-ORIGIN...cles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=item3efd3d8f3b ?( i know this is not the Audi 1) - and do i just need to swap 1 wire over? what about the reception/ aerial problem?

cheers

This is the style that I got.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-A4-A6...Software_ET?hash=item3caabca93c#ht_766wt_1165

The one you linked isn't right as it doesn't have enough connections for the iso plugs

In regards to the arial, try and find some one who has swapped to a rns-e from the concert 2+, because they will have the same problem and you will need each others antenna if you get my drift.

Also, I you have a look in the faq's, I believe John S3 has done a comprehensive write up of parts and work required to solve the reception issue. He has done it for rns-e I believe, but yuou will want to do it the other way!

hi scottie123

could you please post the pins to piggyback for this install

alan

hi all

have now wired up concert 2+ and all working even phone and xcarlink wow

double din ordered from audi

just one question is there any one in with in traveling distance that would fit the double din
not to sure about doing it myself

cheers
alan