Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

2.0TDI (54) exhaust trim

I have the twin pipe exhaust that ponts downwards and was wondering is it possible to saw it off where it goes downwrads and fit a straight twin trim onto it?

So anyone tried this and have pics?

I was thinking about getting this one:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165537

Could anyone advise on other trim pieces?

Thanks for any help
    Now - A1 1.6TDI S-Line in Amfali White with comfort pack

A3 2.0TDI gone but not forgotten

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    You can buy oem ones from audi that are better. You need to take of the trim pieces that face down and the oem twin chrome ones will screw into place. Great mod for about 30-40. I had them before my milltek stafford audi on ebay will have them

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks just had a check on ebay and they are around 50.

How did you manage to take the pipes off that face downwards, did you not have to saw them off?

4th Gear

Status
    They are welded on which can be sanded off with a power tool. Local garage did mine, but could have easily done it myself if i could be arsed.

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

3rd Gear

Status
    Dremel will do it no problem which is how I did mine. There are two welds on the bottom of each pipe which the dremel will get through no problem - just watch you dont go straight through the exhaust as well.

Jon

Now A3 less......

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks lads will get this ordered and change it over, thanks for the teaser redbutcher looks a million times better than the downward facing pipes.