TEST DRIVING NEXT WEEKEND !

shilts

Reaction score
Hi , phoned the local dealer today to arrange a test drive for easter weekend . I will be test driving the A3 sportback in the 1.6tdi & the 2.0tdi in the sport spec . Mostly interested in the ride firmness for the kids and with a big interest in the MPG . Is it quite self explanitary to investigate average MPG on the DIS? I'm kind of expecting the MPG to be slightly higher on the 2.0tdi - what are your thoughts . I intend to buy new , the prices new for both are around the same at the moment so what are you thoughts as to which one , thanks ?:icon_thumright:

It will be interesting to see what you think of both of the TDI engines. I have the 2.0TDI-140 common-rail engine and it's great. Smooth, quieter than any other diesel I've owned and especially as I have had it remapped to produce in the region of 170-HP it certainly quick enough. Not sure if anyone does any remapping for the 1.6TDI. Perhaps the tuners won't bother because if anyone is interested in performance they would go for the 2.0TDI in the first place.

I shall be taking my Sportback to Germany next week for a week's holiday in the Mosel valley. Part of my route will be on de-resticted and reasonable quiet Autobhan which should be fun.