Anyone using custom head units, show us your pics!

pillboy88

Reaction score
I heard a bunch of you are using JVC head units, any pics available? In fact, anyone that's using custom units, post away!!

DSCF0007.jpg

dynavin, good value next time rns-e

yeah it is, bluetooth etc do some research before buying one though next time im going rns-e

You seen the Golf advert? Looks like a Golf, sounds like a Golf, etc...

Same thing with these head units, even if the spec looks good, most people would rather a genuine RNS-E.

its good value, but theres a few niggles i still love it but it ruins my oem+ theme :(

Anyone using a double din kenwood, jvc or alpine HU? I'd love to see what others have in their cars...

Anyone using a double din kenwood, jvc or alpine HU? I'd love to see what others have in their cars...

I'd be interested in seeing a Pioneer in situ too. I'm fan of the Pioneer sound, and some of there DVD/Sat Nav units are packed with features, am very tempted to look into getting one.

Had this in my old car, hence why I don't have an RNS-e or double din, otherwise I wouldnt have considered anything else.

4171676141_e0c7c2e2c3.jpg

4171676123_ffa5229c16.jpg

Awesome headunit all the same, ipod and USB in the glove box, masses and masses of equalizer settings. Also got my own sub in the boot to add a little more punch than the tiny Audi one.

More recent pic from just now in daylight with less dust but crappy phone pic:

4473157767_fdc7577d38.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Dec, is that a single din unit?

I really like the Clarion VX409 unit (http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20836_Clarion_VX409.aspx), but JVC and Pioneer also makes excellent units...

Hi pillboy, yes it is only a single DIN as my old car (mk3 golf) only had the capabilities of having a single DIN unless it was relocated to a stupid place or a lot of fiddling in the dash. I hadn't planned on changing my car when I brought it but decided to get a newer more economical car :)

Would really rate it though, my friend has just put the updated Double DIN version in his mk5 golf and that is also amazing!

Sneeky pic of it, however its not in an audi. Same functions really just updated interface and double din form :)

4452094008_94c31ca644.jpg