EM TuningChris Nott
    c_w
    5th Gear

Status

Where to get original headlight connector pins?

I'm wanting to make a custom headlight convertor loom for some bi-xenon headlights. I've got a "Kufatec" convertor loom which is 10pin to 14pin AUDI OEM connectors but it doesn't seem to be exactly correct. I want to add/change a few of the wires and to do this I need the male and female connector pins that slot into the block connectors (there appears to be two sizes too; 6 large pins/slots and 8 smaller pins/slots on the 14pin plug end).

Does anyone know a source for just the internal connector pins that would just slot inside the main blackconnector? I need a few of each size (male and female). Thanks!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Can i ask why you're making a custom loom? Most if not all of the convertors are available
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    I've got a Kufatec convertor loom but I think it may be for 2008-on LED DRL equipped cars, so at the moment the sidelights don't work (and there are 2 grey "external" wires that connect the LED DRLs inside the dash somewhere).

Initially I just want to add the sidelight wires so if the pin connectors are readily available I just need to add that wire (I'm sure they might just be a standard automotive connector?).

is a retronaut

Status
    You can just buy the standard repair wires from Audi instead of the pins. You don't need any crimping tools then.

Repair wires and pins can be found on here: http://www.nsxjr.com/Audipins.html The ones for the light connectors are the same as for the RNS-E. I used 000 979 133 for mine
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    Fantastic thanks!!!

I did actually ring a dealer before about thsi and he mentioned the "repair wire" - is this the same as on that website? Also I take it dealers don't sell individual pins like that [just the repair wires already crimped]?

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c_w View Post
    Fantastic thanks!!!

I did actually ring a dealer before about thsi and he mentioned the "repair wire" - is this the same as on that website? Also I take it dealers don't sell individual pins like that [just the repair wires already crimped]?
    You can order pins yeah but using the repair wires negates the need for a crimping tool/bodge job. Those are the very same on that site as from Audi/VW/Seat mate
    8P2 S3

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    I needed the male pins more than the female pins with the yellow wire attached, but I will be soldering the connections so it won't be a bodge

I've ordered them from local Audi dealer, thanks again!

is a retronaut

Status
    Well you can get the male pins with the wire attached too mate but either way...
    8P2 S3

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    I couldn't see those?? But just noticed them now! (226) lol. As there's not a live link and couldn't see a picture I just went off what I could see to be right.

However the loose male pins are 30p vs 1.95 for 2 on a wire and it'll be neater using fresh wire on new pins than cutting the pre-pinned wire in two and joining it up to another wire etc.