Chris NottBadger5
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    39

    What are the best rims for the A3 Sportback in your opinion? Show us pics!!

    As topic, what are the best rims for the A3 Sportback in your opinion? Show us your pics of the rims!!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    BBS CH
    BBS CK
    Audi 18" or 19" BBS Splits
    RS4's
    RS6
    MTM BiMoto's

  4. #3
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    Depends on what style you want, budget, size, colour of car
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...


    I'll be back!!!

  5. #4
    b19ctr's Avatar
    The King of Cannock

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cannock
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    Depends on what style you want, budget, size, colour of car
    What that man said!

    If budgets no optition theres some stunning wheels about and if you want something different get some made by Image Wheels http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/



    Also the Rotiform BLQ's will start becoming common this year but they would look good on a A3 8P http://www.rotiform.com/


    Air, OZ, Tarrox, on a TDI

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    39
    I just ordered a Ibis White with black interior. Budget is a concern, but let's assume something middle of the line. For the same of argument let's say 18"...

    But I'm more interested in what "you" think is the best looking rims for this car, and pics would be nice

  7. #6
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by pillboy88 View Post
    I just ordered a Ibis White with black interior. Budget is a concern, but let's assume something middle of the line. For the same of argument let's say 18"...

    But I'm more interested in what "you" think is the best looking rims for this car, and pics would be nice
    Well i bought the wheels that best suit my car, but i'm not telling you what they are coz they're mine :P

    19's are better than 18's
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...


    I'll be back!!!

  8. #7
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    Well i bought the wheels that best suit my car, but i'm not telling you what they are coz they're mine :P

    19's are better than 18's
    Errr, doesn't your "To Do's" list VMR710 19" Alloys

  9. #8
    smudge_don's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by pillboy88 View Post
    Errr, doesn't your "To Do's" list VMR710 19" Alloys
    No
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...


    I'll be back!!!

  10. #9
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    80
    RS4-2 19" 235/35/19 is the best in my eyes:


  11. #10
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    39
    I must admit 19s do look great, even though I prefer 18s for a little smoother ride...

  12. #11
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hitchin, Herts
    Posts
    138
    These are mine.

    I didn't buy the car new and at first I wasn't sure about them, but they are growing on me. They are quite hard to keep clean though

    Last edited by chrisb72; 27th March 2010 at 16:23.

  13. #12
    c_w
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,061
    Lundoz's look nice but I would agree that 19s are not for everyone and 18s look "right" without looking too small or too big or have as much impact on the ride as 19s. Also needs to be lowered I think to finish the look with wheels that big IMO. I think that style in 18s would look nice/modern.

  14. #13
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    39
    It seems that anyone that gets BBS only go for CHs or CKs... Are there other BBS designs? Also, I'm surprised not too many people mentioned OZ rims...

  15. #14
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    39
    Anyone using OZ rims on your A3? Pics?

  16. #15
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    211
    mtm bi-moto,s
    S3 SOLD
    Phantom Black S3 . MTM Stage 2 , Buckets , H&R , Milltek ......every Audi option.....................

  17. #16
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,133

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Helios are just sleazy


  18. #17
    The Maestro's Avatar
    S3 ~ MTM 330BHP ~ Milltek TBE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    325
    Ahem ... alloys for an S3? I've waved my stick on another thread about MTM Bimotos.

    I've had the S2 remap, Milltek Turbo-Back Ex, Air Filter and Bimoto Titans done to my car and yes I have an MTM badge on the back! There are plenty of RS4/6 around me and styled S-Lines but the biggest looks any Audi has is mine. At the lights the other day next to an RS4. Wound down his window and said, "Is that an MTM conversion?" "Yes I said" (well, the remap chip is from MTM as are the alloys). "Then I won't bother racing you then."

    The moral of that little tale, as I sit here in a neighbourhood of RS's, put some MTM Bims on your S3 and everyone in ANY other Audi will drool!

    Of course, this is just my opinion, my perspective and my experiences :-)

    M

  19. #18
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    211
    I have to agree on this ...... And i also have an MTM badge on rear of my car,


    Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    Ahem ... alloys for an S3? I've waved my stick on another thread about MTM Bimotos.

    I've had the S2 remap, Milltek Turbo-Back Ex, Air Filter and Bimoto Titans done to my car and yes I have an MTM badge on the back! There are plenty of RS4/6 around me and styled S-Lines but the biggest looks any Audi has is mine. At the lights the other day next to an RS4. Wound down his window and said, "Is that an MTM conversion?" "Yes I said" (well, the remap chip is from MTM as are the alloys). "Then I won't bother racing you then."

    The moral of that little tale, as I sit here in a neighbourhood of RS's, put some MTM Bims on your S3 and everyone in ANY other Audi will drool!

    Of course, this is just my opinion, my perspective and my experiences :-)

    M
    S3 SOLD
    Phantom Black S3 . MTM Stage 2 , Buckets , H&R , Milltek ......every Audi option.....................

  20. #19
    The Maestro's Avatar
    S3 ~ MTM 330BHP ~ Milltek TBE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    325
    Hey Bott,

    Yes, but I note you're biased, like me lol


  21. #20
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    211
    Yes i am , i think the MTM look is amazing . and i love the map . very classy.
    S3 SOLD
    Phantom Black S3 . MTM Stage 2 , Buckets , H&R , Milltek ......every Audi option.....................

  22. #21
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisb72 View Post
    These are mine.

    I didn't buy the car new and at first I wasn't sure about them, but they are growing on me. They are quite hard to keep clean though

    What are these alloys called? and approx. how much do they cost used?

  23. #22
    leeds2592's Avatar
    When I grow up, I want a 964!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,180

    My Social Networking

    Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujnu View Post
    What are these alloys called? and approx. how much do they cost used?
    They're Audi Speedlines, made by BBS for Audi as an optional extra I believe. They're split rim alloys so 2 piece wheels.

    Come in both 18inch and 19inch but the ones on that car are definitely 18's.

    Look on eBay for prices, there's quite a few different sets on there at the moment.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO