Fitting miltech to already mapped car

evocos

Reaction score
I will soon be fitting a new exhaust to the girlfriends motor,Its a non res cat back milltech,
milltech downpipes and cat replacement.
What i am wanting to know is will i see much benefit from the already mapped car as it is
or would it be better so get another map fitted.
Although to be honest it will look and sound better which is half the reason of fitting :laugh:

Many thanks Jules

The exhaust will make very little difference so no point for another remap.

Getting my MT tbe fitted this weekend - can't wait!!

Mine is very tastefully modded in my opinion :ninja:

5839.jpg

Not enough pipes i'm afraid.

Here's a teaser of mine

246-260-171-8-44-124-112

Back to the OP's original topic lol.....

When I took the Cat off my Mk4 golf I dyno'd before and after with no Map. (Bear in mind all I did was cut the Cat out and weld in a section of pipe.) Before the dyno I had 118bhp (115bhp from factory) and after the cat was removed I had 131bhp. So it definitely helps the car!

The other advantage is the car will whistle which sounds cool and you will get less smoke when you boot it as it can breath better. One reason I am putting a Milltek on my car at the end of this week.

Joe

Well its all being fitted tomorrow,and i can't wait,As Boydie mentions it is not to loud
at all,I was expecting it to be a bit boomy,but it just give's it it a bit of a deeper exhaust note.
I listened to mikey's the other day.
I think the main factor as mentioned with adding a few more horses is the replacing of cat.
Well i hope so anyway.
Cheers Jules