A3 Sportback S-line rear bumper

aristides

Reaction score
Hey there fellas

I had some time in my hands today and decided to install my s-line rear bumper.
I got a MY08 Sportback by the way.

I noticed after the install that my exhaust isn`t sticking out that much as before.
Does AUDI use a different system for those cars with the extrerior s-line package from factory?
I currently don`t have access to ETKA, will have late today but i was just wondering!

What should i do to put the exhaust in the correct place?

Cheers

I had the same thing fella when I swapped mine over.

Luckily, I have exhaust trims... (ohh the shame :redface:) so I just pulled them out a tad.

This was before s line bumper

100_0208.jpg

And after

100_0296.jpg

100_0298.jpg

These were before I moved them out though.....

Haven't got any since I tweaked them.

Where did you get the tailpipes from? I have the ones that point down at the moment on a slight angle but once i get the 8P2 rear fitted i would like to get some decent looking OEM tailpipes to finish the rear off.

Thanks for the pics.

:icon_thumright:

I also had the 'orrible droopy **** downpipes.......Got the tail trims from stafford audi on ebay.

They used to come up now and then, but I haven't seen any for a while now. They were peanuts alsol, about £30 or something daft.

I may be going new exhaust soon, so mine will be up for grabs perhaps...

I also had the 'orrible droopy **** downpipes.......Got the tail trims from stafford audi on ebay.

They used to come up now and then, but I haven't seen any for a while now. They were peanuts alsol, about £30 or something daft.

Hey Scottie

i ordered a pair of the straight trims for my 2.0tdi which has the slightly downturned pipes/ trims on - did you cut the ends of the tailpipes so the straight trims fit on ?

The droopy bits are a sleeve which go over a straight pipe underneath.

Each pipe is held on with 3 small spot welds to the pipe beneath it.

Just jack the car up and grind away the small welds on the droopy bits( I used an angle grinder as dremmels are for girls :)), and they will pull off leaving you nice straight pipes to fit the chrome tips to.

Have a look underneath, and it will all make sense !

How much you thinking?

:icon_thumright:

Not a lot......But I have got to get new exhaust first, and after the money I have spent over the last month or so, it may have to wait for a wee while:(

Well i got a A3 Ambition and my exhaust trims are one item with the rest of the pipe.It`s a petrol thats why! I guess i`d have to add some extensions to move them further out.

Good thing i wasnt the only one with this problem :)