Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Engine Oil Problem..

hiya guys as you may no i had 18" A8 replicas put on my a3, since i had them on i started noticing lil changes for example when im in low revs 30-40 and put my foot down the wheels kinda wobble and the car dosent pick up speed? well thats the feelings i get .. but when i cut the engine off and turn it bk on its ok. does anyone no what this could be?
    the wheels are multi fitment and are only using 5 studs which came off my old wheels...
    second to this i do not have any spacerS? could this be the problem?

aswell as this yesetrdat while driving my oil minimum light came on? i went and filled it up with 2.5 litres and checked the dipstick that was sorted.... but the oil light was still on while i was driving.
    so the cars been parked up overnight andi checked underneath the engine today and no sings of a oil leak?
    could it be a sensor? but im preety sure that the oil sensors have a different icon?

any help will be appreciated. cheers guys.

Javed

p.s -i havent started the car up today, so the light may have gone but i will let you guys no asap.
    Last edited by jav786; 24th March 2010 at 13:47. Reason: wrong description?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boycie

Status
    You mean the spigot ring I think. Jack the car up and if the wheel is wobbling on the hub then you will need one or the bore is the wrong size. Check the wheel balance as well at a tyre garage as there may be a buckle

If the oil light is still on, is the dip stick depth say maximum or still low? if low, top the car up more! check your oil regularly as it is not good for the car to let it run low

1st Gear

Status
    please can anyone tell me what oil grade you use for a audi a3 1.9tdi (55 plate) ?
    is it 5w 30?