MF Steering wheel

robby

Reaction score
I have a 2006 s-line which has the double din concert 6 disc headunit.
I'm wanting to fit a MF steering wheel with the volume controls but have seen posts saying a new slip ring might be needed as well

how do i know if i need to buy a new slip ring as well? is there any way of finding out without removing the old wheel first?

cheers

Through vcds or ring your dealer, give them your reg and tell them you want the part number and price for the steering wheel ecu and slip ring that is on your car.

Thanks Scottie - i'm looking at a used wheel from a breakers without the slipring but i'm not sure whether to buy it if i need to buy a ring as well? does the wheel then need coding to the car?

Thats not always the truth about ringing dealers and hearing numbers :p

It`s a weird thing what AUDI does with millions of different versions of the same product.

Mine had a 1k0 ... ... AH ECU module that was compatible with cruise control but not multifunction but in etka , using my VIN, it said that i had the 8P0 (deluxe :p) version

Just read it with VCDS it`s your best bet of finding the real part number! About the slipring you will have to pop the upper trim part behind the steering wheel, the sticker with the part number is on the top
That`s what i did after every dealer messed me round with false numbers :)