new key fob

vadhert

Reaction score
When I bought my car recently, it only came with one key fob, I spoke to Audi who inform me that a new key will cost £182. Thats £132 for the key and £50 for reprogramming it to the car.

I thought thats a bit excessive and they told me that if i can get a blank key and fob then they can just reprogram and cut the key for £50.

Are there many types of keys available? my cat is an 04 TDI S Line and has the following key :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-A4-A6...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item563a2e0951

Will this key work if I take it to Audi? Can anyone recommend anything else rather then me paying audi's ridiculous rates.

Thanks in advance.

iirc , NHN found out that if you ordered the facelift key, it worked out a lot cheaper.

There is a post on here somewhere ,just got to find it :)

yes the search on here is as good as a chocolate teapot.

Anyone know whether or not new cars come with one or two of these flip out keys , cheers .

Yes you can order the newer style key thats a hell of alot cheaper than old & get this coded by audi, dont buy ebay tat as it wont work given the immo chips are once programmable & partially vin/brand encoded.

im not sure but does the above procedure make the keys work with the immobiliser? i dont think that procedure would let the car start with the new key.

NO, you cant programme immo without a dealer, vas unit or comparable unit like ben@shark uses, that procedure is for remote functions only & doesnt always work.

People need to understand keys have 2 completely seperate features that are programmed/coded individually.

i bought a key off ebay the other day ill still need the full blank half (not jsut the blade) and a recode, lucky for my dad owns a vas unit its a touchscreen thing that ive no clue how to work yet captain computer illiterate can work with ease :confused:

What prompted that comment?

Someone mentioned it to me that some feel im a fake, being a guy as i cant possibly be a girl cos they shouldnt have knowledge or passion over cars! And your pic comment made me think about it! lol

So If I bought the new smaller key from Audi, would they code it, because when ever I try to buy something they want chassis number etc etc and if I gave that I'd get the older key again!

Someone mentioned it to me that some feel im a fake, being a guy as i cant possibly be a girl cos they shouldnt have knowledge or passion over cars! And your pic comment made me think about it! lol

Well an enlarged pic should help us decide :eyebrows: :lmfao:
Pic comment was so we could perv over larger clearer things :nyah:

So If I bought the new smaller key from Audi, would they code it, because when ever I try to buy something they want chassis number etc etc and if I gave that I'd get the older key again!

They're not smaller tbh, just better shaped & little more modern, I prefer them tbh so I swapped mine & they will code them if you ask them to, they wont refuse.

If they're not supplied by them, they will just warn you if it doesnt work then you'll still be charged, but given they're supplying, then they wont charge if not working.

Also I can assure you as long as you get the correct key for your 8p, then it will work, dont ask them to order of your chassis, order from say 07 A3 & match the frequency/key details, if you post the key part no. on here I'll search the newer part no. out for you, but keep it on the open forum not PM's please, helps others then. ;)