09 Climate Control Upgrade

serum

Reaction score
Hi guys need some advice, i have changed my old school climate control from my 05 plate to a new 09 climate control but ever since i did that the air con no longer works, it switches on but the air vents only ever open half way and the air circulates inside the dash instead of through the vents, any ideas.....anyone ever manage to swap one of these with out any hassles

It wont work, I have investigated this thouroughly down to the last detail, you have to adapt wiring & parts have to be changed to make it work that include taking the dash completely out, you cant just replace the climate at all, full stop, only works on late 07 onwards cars as the systems changed at this point onwards to the newer wiring/parts, stick your old one back in.

Yes I have managed to get these working & swapped on late 07 onwards cars.

Yeh NHN is right, i've managed to swap mine to a new 09 cluster, but my car was registered in June 07!!

Borderline then mate, lucky ****** as elsawin shows it from late 07 but there are some anomolies

I know yeh, very lucky....

Didn't need any harness etc, vag.com for my RNS-e retrofit either :noway:

Still fancy the new 09 clocks though and centre dashboard trim to match the climate....

ok so from what i understand the 09 climate will not work on any modle pre 07.
is there no ways at all to get this working?

It wont work, I have investigated this thouroughly down to the last detail, you have to adapt wiring & parts have to be changed to make it work that include taking the dash completely out, you cant just replace the climate at all, full stop, only works on late 07 onwards cars as the systems changed at this point onwards to the newer wiring/parts, stick your old one back in.

ok so from what i understand the 09 climate will not work on any modle pre 07.
is there no ways at all to get this working?

Read the thread instead of browsing please, I clearly advised things have to be changed & dash out..

only reason i am asking again is to make it clear as i have been told by a master tech at audi who says it is possible by simply recoding the control unit, also the guy i bought it from has sold many of them before and he told me he has it working perfect in his 04 model, i think i have been very badly misinformed.
NHN you seem to be in the know about these things can you advise if it will be costly to get t to work or would you recommend abandoning upgrade and going back to old style.
Sorry guys dont mean to sound like a **** im trying to learn and your advice is much appreciated

serum, sounds like you have been :asskicking: by the seller.

If you read what NHN has said, and he knows his peanuts, it aint gonna work without a shed loada work !

From what i have read in this thread mate i sack the idea.. Excuse my ignorance but what is different about the 09 ac control panel?

just different shaped switches and possibly though i dont recall fully some chrome trim

****** stealers..... they have shafted me again.
NHN coul dyou tell me exactly what is involved or is it one of those things one should not bother about

Are you willing to start rewiring the car and taking the whole dash out? Just for new style switches?

good point, i will more than likely not go ahaead with it but wanted to know what was involved so i could understand what has changed, thanks for the advice