Sky InsuranceBadger5
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    In my personal opinion, I don't think the Bentley wheels are chav at all, they are still VAG, and from the classiest part from VAG, they look classy, and on the right car/colour/stance, they work.....so you get the thumbs up from me Jules
    And the thumbs up from me
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by evocos View Post
    It s good that we all have different opinions otherwise we would all drive our cars looking
    the same.
    I think the porsche wheels could look good, But i didn't realise bentleys were chav

Bloody hell,i am going to have to go out and buy me some burberry
    Oi YOU what you doing here LOL bentley wheels are classed as chav...hmm there goes my next idea out the window lol
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FazS3 View Post
    Oi YOU what you doing here LOL bentley wheels are classed as chav...hmm there goes my next idea out the window lol
    Alright Mate,i need to keep up to date with the a3 aswell lol,I have even tried the bentleys on the rs4,looked good but need big spacers to sit nice
    A3,tdi sportback,remaped,custom turbo back zorst,green filter,19"speedlines,airlift ,xenons,votex side skirts & spoiler,smoothed sline front,s3 back bumper, s3 mirror's,red nappa,s3 vents,pedals, gearknob,fbmfsw,opensky and more. ow and an RS4

For sale ....dolphin grey tdi 2006 front and back bumpers with grill,fogs etc,mirrors,sportback standard rear lights and mudflaps.
    All going cheap lol
    Also my mint 19 x 9 polished and red faced speedlines,with all good toyo t1rs,coming soon :o)

Neutral

Status
    I will amaze you guys.... mark my words... Pics this weekend!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckedm View Post
    I will amaze you guys.... mark my words... Pics this weekend!
    Don't tar us all with the same brush,i said they would look good,the reason i know is i have seen them
    on my mates black a3
    A3,tdi sportback,remaped,custom turbo back zorst,green filter,19"speedlines,airlift ,xenons,votex side skirts & spoiler,smoothed sline front,s3 back bumper, s3 mirror's,red nappa,s3 vents,pedals, gearknob,fbmfsw,opensky and more. ow and an RS4

For sale ....dolphin grey tdi 2006 front and back bumpers with grill,fogs etc,mirrors,sportback standard rear lights and mudflaps.
    All going cheap lol
    Also my mint 19 x 9 polished and red faced speedlines,with all good toyo t1rs,coming soon :o)

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    The Porsche wheels should look good but don't run them with Porsche centre caps, it just looks like some kind of bizarre statement is trying to be made. Very few people see the connection with the Porsche and Bentley (especially Bentley!).

3rd Gear

Status
    I would defo run the porsche badge,it is not that you are trying to make a statement,it is just that
    they are porsche wheels and they are the correct centres.

All going cheap lol

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I'm with Jules on this one.

Status
    I'm with Jules on this one.
    Me too.

I seem to be agreeing with people a lot this week. Not sure I like it.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Pete View Post
    Me too.

I seem to be agreeing with people a lot this week. Not sure I like it.
    I agree that Pete is agreeing alot this week

All going cheap lol

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    Is it as "cool" to run BMW wheels c/w BMW centre cap for example? I guess it would not be!

There is no logic/sense IMO in displaying a badge from another marque on the car...trying to associate the car with something it is not. It's all a bit cringeworthy for me!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

BMW wheels are

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c_w View Post
    Is it as "cool" to run BMW wheels c/w BMW centre cap for example? I guess it would not be!

There is no logic/sense IMO in displaying a badge from another marque on the car...trying to associate the car with something it is not. It's all a bit cringeworthy for me!
    well you cringe very easily lol,
    I would fit any make or model alloy to my car if i thinked that it looked good,and yes EVEN a bmw wheel.
    I think it is even worse to fit a different make alloy and then badge it as an audi one,what is the point of that.

Anyway i suppose we will have to agree to differ but thats the fun in modding if you like to mod

All going cheap lol

6th Gear

Status
    BMW wheels are
    I actually think BMW make some of the best OEM whee designs, I have these on our 3 series, picture isn't the best but graphite on the inside with a polished face..

Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    Yes they look nice, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make really. Even if they fit you could put them on but leaving the centre cap from the originating car doesn't make sense to me; the wheel badges are just like the other badges on the car like the boot/grill; AUDI A3!! The centre caps are AUDI badges because the car they're on is an Audi, otherwise leave them plain IMO.

The only exception to this is with brake calipers which have an embossed logo (ie PORSCHE / LAMBO etc). Extra cool points for this

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

They look just like the Q7 20"s !

3rd Gear

Status
    ...So...

Bentley are apparently 'VAG' wheels...

...But Porsche aren't, somehow?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VWAddict View Post
    ...So...

Bentley are apparently 'VAG' wheels...

...But Porsche aren't, somehow?

Well when the 997 Turbo Mk1 came out, Porsche owned a chunk of VW, rather than the current position.... not sure if that makes any difference!?

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c_w View Post
    Yes they look nice, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make really. Even if they fit you could put them on but leaving the centre cap from the originating car doesn't make sense to me; the wheel badges are just like the other badges on the car like the boot/grill; AUDI A3!! The centre caps are AUDI badges because the car they're on is an Audi, otherwise leave them plain IMO.

The only exception to this is with brake calipers which have an embossed logo (ie PORSCHE / LAMBO etc). Extra cool points for this
    yep kind of agree there, if you want a Porsche badge on your car...buy a Porsche, otherwise it looks like you've bought the only bit of the car you can't afford just to have the badge!
    Last edited by beanoir; 24th March 2010 at 19:45.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

6th Gear

Status
    I think its just one of those things, you either understand OEM+ or you dont!

Its more likely that people want to show whats possible with a bit of thought and not just follow the heard of BBS lovers. The whole craze of switching to different brand wheels come about from people in the "scene" being bored with going to shows and seeing the ever so boring and entirely predictable BBS brigade. Anything BBS just isnt worth a second look at VAG shows these days unless you do something interesting.....like paint them purple!.......There are some crazy guys out there!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Status
    I understand the sentiment Lee and the desire for people to be a bit different, that's fair enough I guess.

What gets me about the show scene is a lot of people would turn their noses up at seeing a 997 Turbo or Bentley at such places, but it's seen as "cool" and "euro" if you put the 997 or Bentley wheels on an A3 or Golf.

www.essexdriversclub.com

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    What gets me about the show scene is a lot of people would turn their noses up at seeing a 997 Turbo or Bentley at such places, but it's seen as "cool" and "euro" if you put the 997 or Bentley wheels on an A3 or Golf.
    I disagree, having seen Porsches, Lambo's etc. at VAG shows, I'd say they actually get a lot of respect.

Status
    I disagree, having seen Porsches, Lambo's etc. at VAG shows, I'd say they actually get a lot of respect.
    I'm only speaking from experience, I used to attend quite a few shows with my brother and his mate, fine in a Type 3, not so fine in a Porsche...unless it was an old rusty example from the 60s painted in red lead primer!

www.essexdriversclub.com

Status
    I'm only speaking from experience, I used to attend quite a few shows with my brother and his mate, fine in a Type 3, not so fine in a Porsche...unless it was an old rusty example from the 60s painted in red lead primer!
    I think things move on... also depends on the show.

3rd Gear

Status
    I agree with pete,at ultimate dubs last
    week there was a ferrari and porsche
    and both got loads of attention.
    At the end of the day people should fit
    whatever wheels that they like and if
    other people like them that's a bonus.
    Or shall we all just fit rs4 and rs6 reps
    with nice Audi centre badges

All going cheap lol

Status
    I agree with pete,at ultimate dubs last
    week there was a ferrari and porsche
    and both got loads of attention.
    At the end of the day people should fit
    whatever wheels that they like and if
    other people like them that's a bonus.
    Or shall we all just fit rs4 and rs6 reps
    with nice Audi centre badges
    So tell me why this sort of behaviour is seen as tacky.....

Yet this kind of behaviour is "original"....

I'm not trying to poo poo the whole idea, but I honestly do fail to see the difference

Surely a badge on the wrong car is the same whether it's on the bonnet, boot, steering wheel, or centre caps?

www.essexdriversclub.com

Status
    So tell me why this sort of behaviour is seen as tacky.....

Yet this kind of behaviour is "original"....

I'm not trying to poo poo the whole idea, but I honestly do fail to see the difference

Surely a badge on the wrong car is the same whether it's on the bonnet, boot, steering wheel, or centre caps?
    The badging is a joke, surely. Not tacky.

The TT looks great Bentleys FTW

3rd Gear

Status
    I honestly don't get it,to me a set of wheels that look good on any car,look good regardless
    of what brand or make they are.
    But obviouly to some people it must offend them,regarding the r8 i think thats funny,someone
    obviously has a good sence of humour

All going cheap lol

3rd Gear

Status
    The badging is a joke, surely. Not tacky.

The TT looks great Bentleys FTW
    I think we are seeing this the same Pete

All going cheap lol

4th Gear

Status
    Thats my mates old TT! where you get that pic from fella?

The badging is a joke...but the TT looks awesome...everyone has different tastes...thats all it boils down to
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

Status

The badging is a joke...but the TT looks awesome...everyone has different tastes...thats all it boils down to
    Yeah f*ck the rest of these losers, you me and Nate know what makes sense

Status
    Yeah f*ck the rest of these losers, you me and Nate know what makes sense
    Thats why you're all wearing one of these

www.essexdriversclub.com

3rd Gear

Status
    Thats why you're all wearing one of these

Seriously Benoir,iwant one of them

All going cheap lol

Status
    I honestly don't get it,to me a set of wheels that look good on any car,look good regardless
    of what brand or make they are.
    But obviouly to some people it must offend them,regarding the r8 i think thats funny,someone
    obviously has a good sence of humour
    Its not the look of the wheels so much, it's the badge, I agree some of these wheels look great. But wearing a badge from a more upmarket brand on your car.......It's no different to ironing a Nike logo onto a t-shirt from Primark.

www.essexdriversclub.com

Status
    Seriously Benoir,iwant one of them

That is a beauty isn't it!

www.essexdriversclub.com

Status
    Google makes you famous squire.

www.essexdriversclub.com

Status
    Its not the look of the wheels so much, it's the badge, I agree some of these wheels look great. But wearing a badge from a more upmarket brand on your car.......It's no different to ironing a Nike logo onto a t-shirt from Primark.
    More like wearing a nice Duchamp tie with a M&S suit. It can work. It's all down to having the class to pull it off

3rd Gear

Status
    So your comparing an audi to primark lol
    I run bentleys on the A3 and its not really possible to change the centres without looking ****e
    and on the rs4 i run bmw fitment bbs's but with bbs centres,and i only chose the bmw fitment
    because the alloys come with a nice curved face and 9.5" wide,which doesn't come in audi fitment.
    so i should not go for the wheels that i think look nice because they don't have a audi badge.

It would be so boring if we all ran the same few style of audi wheels

All going cheap lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast