Gloss Black OR Matt Black FK Grill?? S-Line 2.0TDI 170

Indie_DSG

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm in a pickle and cant decide what colour to have my new FK Front Grill?

It comes as standard in Gloss Piano Black........but........
I've just had my wheels refurbished in Matt Black, the door pillars are Matt Black anyway and the car is Lava Grey.

Please let me know your opinions

I have matt black on mine.

Didnt realise they did a gloss. :)

Go matt, it will match in better :)

Any chance of a pic of ur car with the new black wheels mate, considering it my self

Jobs a Good'N!

Matt Black all round :)

Cant wait for the Wheels to come back - Lepsons truly are top notch company and as I'm based in Kent, a real easy choice!

Cheers N8, Cant wait to fit the Weitecs too!

Just need to find a decent body shop to strip and re-spray the Grill!!

I have plenty of images I will post once complete, will also try and get some 'as we work' shots too!

Hi Aiden,

I sized the Grill up with the standard one in place and it looks perfect!
TBH its been in a box for 6 months, I remembered it to be flimsy plastic BUT.... It's actually really robust and sterdy!
Will let you know how it goes when I fit it!

Yeah good stuff, i really want to face lift the front and rear end my motor, but i am also wanting to be different but still OEM (if that makes sense), i am thinking 8P1 single grille bumper with matt black FK grille with s line badge and the complete votex kit for the A3. What do you think?

Then again i might sack that idea and go for a 8P2 face lift completely!

Decisions, decisions! :icon_thumright:

I'm sticking 8P1 Single Grill - FK offer 2 or 3 designs you will just need to get the Grill re-painted.
I want to get 8P2 S3 rear valance etc at some point too but this will have to be an OEM purchase from Audi!!

I also bought a Cupra front Splitter from my local Seat dealer for £29. Scottie123 has this fitted and it looks superb.

Coilies and S-Line Matt Black 18's are due very soon!

Matte black!!!

Hope your Weitec's don't cause any problems like mine have

Mind you, my problems are more down to the tossers that fitted em

Hi Smudge,

I'm using the standard S-Line 5 Spoke RS6 18's - just having them refurbished Matt Black.
The car sits 45mm off the tyres as it is!
I will play with the settings but anticipate a 40mm drop MAX.

Will let you know how I get on.

Hope your Weitec's don't cause any problems like mine have

Mind you, my problems are more down to the tossers that fitted em

Mikey's had his on for a while now, and he hasn't had a single problem with his, neither has Jules or Jim with their weitecs! Thats what happens when a bunch of monkeys installs them....

502864624_7ca036e2f6.jpg