Another facelift bumper thread..

Stuart90

Reaction score
First things first, great site, really informative. Little about me, i live in Carlisle, As far north as possible, before you hit Scotland ive just bought a 04 2.0tdi S line DSG P81 in black, and just waiting to pick it up!! :jump:

Sp back on topic.
:sadlike:Take mercy, i know theres is more than plenty of help on this subject, but this is just so I can get "conformation"

Ive trawled through forums for a few hours and found some great stuff, firstly the upgrade to facelift, what i understand it that i need...and average price

Any Facelift Bonnet (doesnt need to be S Line)£140ish
Support Bumper from a Facelift (Do I need these, or can I modyfy them, read somewhere you can grind them) £60ish
Full S3 or Facelift front bumper (Grill, fog covers) £140ish
Fog lights N oclue on price, im guesing these are from dealers
And new wires???

Bonnet, a straight swap?, with catches, sound proofing, hydraulic arm that lift bonnet?

Also I read on here there is 7 different types of ayoka silver (think thats spelt right :readit:)
So if ia buy a "BLACK" audi a3 bonnet, will it be the same colour, or do audi SOMEHOW to a different shade of black?

Any help will great, and im very glad to join the audi group.

One more question. But off topic , which is... German looking plates, seen a rs4 with them (English number plate) and they look very cool:cool:. Reason im asking, just got a private plate, and going to buy new plates. Anyone recommend doing this?Legal?Pics?. Thanks again.

Stuart :icon_thumright:

alright well it all depends on which bumper youre facelifting to sline and s3 will require new fogs and a support bumper (yours can be trimmed to fit if you want to save some cash)

if its just the se like i did std fogs fill fit

bonnet is a straight swap and any single grill bonnet will work i asked just for the single grill one over the phone and is around 120 from audi you dont require any new catches or soundproofing

you will need new fog covers in all cases

no new wires required though there may be adjusting of the pinouts on the fogs (if getting the new ones) though im not 100% on that

You don't need the bumper reinforcement bar if you are only upgrading the the SLINE bumper, it's the S3 bumpers where you need the reinforcement bar, so i understand anyway.

:icon_thumright:

Thanks for quick replies

So to upgrade to lets say a 2007 8P2 S3 Bumper, i would need a support bumper.
But if i just wanted to swap from a 8P1 S line to a 2007 8P2 S Line bumper I DONT need the support bumper?

Im guessing the bonnet from audi, isnt painted?

Keep hearing different opinions :D

Any more advice would be great!

Thanks for quick replies

So to upgrade to lets say a 2007 8P2 S3 Bumper, i would need a support bumper.
But if i just wanted to swap from a 8P1 S line to a 2007 8P2 S Line bumper I DONT need the support bumper?

Im guessing the bonnet from audi, isnt painted?

Keep hearing different opinions :D

Any more advice would be great!

Correct

Correct

Correct

So im going to buy a 8p" s line bumper, and any 8P2 bonnet (in black pref) and there straight swap, then I fiddle around with fogs ect after?

Aye, im just going to go for it see what happens! lol

So im going to buy a 8p" s line bumper, and any 8P2 bonnet (in black pref) and there straight swap, then I fiddle around with fogs ect after?

Aye, im just going to go for it see what happens! lol

That's correct however you can't get the newest facelift bonnet as that is different again.. You want parts from a 55/06/56/07/57 plate cars.