Cheap bluefin!!!

kevbev

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could find a cheap bluefin from for my S3?? Have I missed out on all the group buys??
Im driving to germany in 10 days and really want it for that!!
Any help would be much appreciated.

thankyou

If you buy it 2nd hand you'll still have to send it to Superchips so they reset it.
It costs around £200 from what I remember.

You better off buying a new Bluefin.

How can you be better off ? I have a handset I no longer use, make me an offer then just pay the £186 reset fee.

Drop me a pm.

How can you be better off ? I have a handset I no longer use, make me an offer then just pay the £186 reset fee.

Drop me a pm.

How come you didn't keep the Bluefin Spin, is the Revo that much better? I'm still not decided on which to get, I like the benefits of being able to stick your OEM map back on with the Bluefin, but it seems the actual map of the Revo is preferred...

Bluefin is an excellent product and way better than stock but as they offer a 12 month/30,000 mile supplementary warranty which is fully underwritten it makes sense for their maps to remain a little more conservative to ensure no claims, in a way it's a good thing as engine life will be preserved but for outright gains and high rpm power Revo stage 2+ takes some beating.

The OEM feature is very useful in theory but I have only ever used it for either dealer visits or come resale time, a bit like the Revo select, never had mine out the box !

Depends what you want to charge.

The eBay seller wants at least £199 for his bluefin. Then you need to pay for him to post it to you and send it to Superchips. £186 reset fee + VAT....

New unit delivered to your door @£445. No hassle and next day delivery......

£100 for the unit, £186 trnsfer fee = £286 then usual online process applies, I'm not bothered either way just trying to help out.

Thats not a problem, the ECU/serial port connection is the same, Bluefin will just reset it for the "20 tdi

Just to confirm Spin's comments re Bluefin. Had it on my 2.0 Tdi since 250 miles. It's now on 60k and hasn't missed a beat - very, very happy with the map and I paid the pre-discount price for it back in 2007!