Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

The VW R32 suspension is the same that in S3 2008 8P?

The Vw R32 suspension is the same that in S3 2008 8P?

For my surprise Audi is not selling the S3 in the USA. I must get my suspension before a track day and I am on a hurry.

What other car have the same suspension? I want to buy some coilovers.

thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Is the same suspension of the audi a3 2.0T quattro?

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Let's start again...... what model have you actually got?
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    Surely the R32 nearly 100kg heavier has different suspension to an S3? I could be wrong, just fancied a guess as i'm bored..
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

Reverse Gear

Status
    Audi S3 quattro 2008

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by santi wrx View Post
    Audi S3 quattro 2008
    Ok. Struts are the same, but the S3 will use lighter front springs.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Quattro

Status
    but the point is they fit right ? theyl be a lttile stiffer but hes using it for a track day !

Ibis S3 / GT3076R / 18" TD 1.3s Toyo R888's / H&R ARBs & Monotubes / USP LPFS / Turbosmart Eboost2 / WOT box / 500HP (EST)...and a TDI badge

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3-Dan View Post
    but the point is they fit right ? theyl be a lttile stiffer but hes using it for a track day !
    Definitely fit, I compare S-line springs to R32 off the car and they are the same height but the S-Line coil is a larger diameter (US spec R32 vs Euro Spec S-line)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Sportback View Post
    Definitely fit, I compare S-line springs to R32 off the car and they are the same height but the S-Line coil is a larger diameter (US spec R32 vs Euro Spec S-line)
    Waddabout R32 vs Stateside Spec S-line? Are they going to be too low that I have to mind the sleeping policeman?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3-Dan View Post
    Yes but springs are designed as sets. If the front is harder (and higher due to stiffness) than the rears, then it won't drive right.

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    That was kind of my point Pete, would make the car handle a bit odd and screw the handling up a treat wouldn't it?
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    That was kind of my point Pete, would make the car handle a bit odd and screw the handling up a treat wouldn't it?
    Yeah it wouldn't be the best idea at all. The R32 / A3 3.2 has a considerably heavier engine, so will run different springs. He'd be better off buying regular 2.0T springs as these will be right for his weights.