RNS-e scratched screen repair

M88JCP

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Hopefully somebody can help, i have an RNS-e system fitted to my car but the screen has light scrathes on it, does anybody know or have any ideas on how to repair/remove these without replacing the whole screen?:sadlike:

Thanks for your help

I think the screen is coated in a matt anti glare coating. Its poss your scratches are in the coating and not the screen itself. some people have removed the coating because it looks better but i havent tried it so hopefully Nige will be along later, he will know :)

Get some meguiars plastic-x

It will remove the anti glare layer off your screen and all the scratches.

Then buy a new stick on screen protector to cover it again.

I did mine and mine was REALLY scratched, and it is like new now.

Thanks both

I do really want to get it done, it is really frustrating everytime the sun shows its face..
What is Meguiars plastic and how does it work mate?

You can also use meguise scratch x for paint work they sell it at halfords for about 9 quid with a cotton cloth and use cotton buds for the edges will take you about 10 minutes to do and it will come out brand new , also i never replaced the anti glare didnt really make any difference , but i did have medium tint's on the front so i suppose it didnt need it .. search my thread's through my profile i also done a giude ..

Last edited:
Plast RX is the kiddy, have to rub the screen like a genie in a bottle, but works a treat on scratches, takes a while but good enough, now if its actually into the plastic screen then tbh either try plastic protector or new screen.

I have just done the screen on my RNS-E, I used Halfords Rubbing Compound (Yellow Tube), @ £3.85 for a tube it's a bargain. Looks as good as news now, all the scratches have gone. Just need to order a scree protector now. Just found these Savvies Crystal-Clear screen protector for
Audi RNS-E Navigationssystem. on this site Protectionfilms24.com | Savvies Crystal-Clear screen protector for Audi RNS-E Navigationssystem @ £4.19 delivered free, cant go wrong.

+1. Just ordered the stuff. Thanks for the links. Well done:].

Sorry for bringing this back but before I go and buy extra products can a polishing compound be used?
Regulars M105 or M205, SSR2.5, SRP any of them?
Just going to try something I already have.

Just done it with the SSR2.5 polish and worked a treat,
Before:
IMG 20160811 165814

After:
IMG 20160811 171325

IMG 20160811 171309

Reactions: Hookmonster