Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

2.0 TDi cambelt change

Is it an engine out job?

Mine's due any day now and I'm weighing up where to have it done.

TIA

Pete

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    On the same subject i have just been to Grimsby Audi and was quoted Ł349 which included belt change, tensioner kit and water pump. That seems a very good price.

Thats for a 2005 A3 2.0 TDI.

2nd Gear

Status
    Nope, not an engine out job

prices vary but dealers seem to have a fixed price menu for certain jobs - this is my local dealers - http://www.sytner.co.uk/audi/hudders...r-the-job.aspx Ł329 for CB change, but add on another Ł60ish to change the water pump while you're having it done
    2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_r View Post
    On the same subject i have just been to Grimsby Audi and was quoted Ł349 which included belt change, tensioner kit and water pump. That seems a very good price.

Thats for a 2005 A3 2.0 TDI.
    Is that a metal blade pump or a plastic as factory fitted?
    2.0 TDi 140 S-Line With - S3 Vents l S3 Alloy Pedals l S3 Gearknob I Aero Rear Wiper l X-Treme Bulbs l 09 Rear Lights l Custom Floormats l 18" TTS reps l LCR Splitter I Facelift Stereo

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by robby View Post
    Is that a metal blade pump or a plastic as factory fitted?
    I dont know, is there a difference?

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah Audi dealers are doing good deals on this job, back street garages by me want 275-300 to do it so i'm taking mine to the dealer! I could con them out of a nice courtesy car then!

Also I would never put a a metal bladed water pump on because they were never changed to metal and the OEM replacement is still plastic. Reason being is that if a plastic one breaks, it wont do anything too serious but of a metal one breaks, it will cause a big dent in your wallet, not just in your engine!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

1st Gear

Status
    Can anyone else confirm the Ł349 including water pump as an Audi price. I know Ł329 is on the Audi website, but it depends on the exact model and it doesn't say if this includes a water pump.

ste
    reverse gear

Status
    the water pump will cost extra. that price is just for belt and tensioner

4th Gear

Status
    I did my cambelt and water pump about a month ago, parts from euro car parts and my mate did fitting for Ł60. Total slightly over Ł150. Happy days :D

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by navnayyar View Post
    I did my cambelt and water pump about a month ago, parts from euro car parts and my mate did fitting for Ł60. Total slightly over Ł150. Happy days :D
    I can top that matey, got all my parts inc. water pump for a tad over Ł130 and my Brother fitted it all for..................FREE!!!!
    Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport, Lava Grey, -50mm H&R's, 18" RS6's, H&R 10mm Spacers On Front/12mm On Rear, Facelift Rear Lights...

6th Gear

Status
    Just had mine done at Portsmouth Audi the grand total was Ł461 including a new water pump and coolant. Had a 2.0TDi A5 for the day and you do get two years warranty on the work if a main stealer does the work.

Also I would say to make sure that you have the water pump changed, I have been helping Steve_N out a local member with a 1.9TDi A4, his water pump has just failed, the cam belt was changed before he owned it and the water pump wasn't changed. So he is now having to have the pump change and the cam belt changed again.

Paul
    Last edited by Gti Jazz Blue; 23rd March 2010 at 10:30.
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

Fossie

Status
    IVC Leeds - independant VW-Audi centre - written quote Ł320 + VAT ( Ł376) includes 'replacing everything that is in contact with the timing belt'. Thought that was a good deal !