Launch control

motionlee

Reaction score
Hello i wonder if Launch control programme can be added to the 3.2 dsg 04 plate via vagcom or does the dealer have to do it ? and what cost would be involved

Thanks

I have never seen anybody mention launch control on this forum, but i'd be interested in seeing peoples responses..

Hi Lee
Launch control is std on your 04 3.2 DSG.
Switch off your ESP. Put car in S-Sport mode. hold it on the brake and give it some revs, take foot off brake at about 2.5 -3k revs.

Personally i wouldnt do it too often !!! seems like one strep away from an exploding gearbox to me...Mine takes off like a scolded cat but there is quite a bang through the drive train.....:scared2:
Its not so much launch control as auto clutch dump....

Last edited:
Hi Paddy just seen your post, thanks for the reply, well i think i dont have it as when i switch esp off in s mode with the brake on the car wont rev over 1200 rpm, so something not right there.
The revs have to go to 2400rpm for it to work.

Lee
If it will not rev then you need to push the brake harder

It works in the following way.
At standstill, you take off ESP, put the car in Sport, put your left foot on the brake, put your right foot on the gas the revs should level out at about 3000 and when you are ready to go take your foot off the brake...

AFAIK if the car has had the DSG update then launch control has been taken off. My car definitely doesn't have launch control as I tried to make it work for hours a few months back and nothing. I eventually phoned Audi and asked a technician who told me if I had full dealer history that it would have been updated and been removed from the car to stop the DSG prematurely failing. Mine also will not rev past 1200RPM and don't press the brake pedal too hard you will snap it lol

Hope that helps.

Hi Lee
Launch control is std on your 04 3.2 DSG.
Switch off your ESP. Put car in S-Sport mode. hold it on the brake and give it some revs, take foot off brake at about 2.5 -3k revs.

Personally i wouldnt do it too often !!! seems like one strep away from an exploding gearbox to me...Mine takes off like a scolded cat but there is quite a bang through the drive train.....:scared2:
Its not so much launch control as auto clutch dump....

Oooohhh have to try this lol, niver heard of this before!!!!

AFAIK if the car has had the DSG update then launch control has been taken off. My car definitely doesn't have launch control as I tried to make it work for hours a few months back and nothing. I eventually phoned Audi and asked a technician who told me if I had full dealer history that it would have been updated and been removed from the car to stop the DSG prematurely failing. Mine also will not rev past 1200RPM and don't press the brake pedal too hard you will snap it lol

Hope that helps.

sorry Joe..we were talking 3.2's

All DSG's had/have launch control unless you have Audi service where it has been coded out with an DSG ECU flash. Mine has been updated. I'm sure that's correct as I have two very reliable sources, one an Audi master technician.

Joe

Maybe Joe but in the hand book, only the 3.2's have it enabled from the factory. Its an option on all others.....and a Audi master technician. is not a reliable source for anything :faint: