Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Launch control

  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    95

    Launch control

    Hello i wonder if Launch control programme can be added to the 3.2 dsg 04 plate via vagcom or does the dealer have to do it ? and what cost would be involved

    Thanks

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    95
    A free bump for myself

  4. #3
    beanoir's Avatar
    Sharpest Tongue in the West

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    51 Degrees North
    Posts
    2,173
    I have never seen anybody mention launch control on this forum, but i'd be interested in seeing peoples responses..
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

    www.essexdriversclub.com

  5. #4
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    Hi Lee
    Launch control is std on your 04 3.2 DSG.
    Switch off your ESP. Put car in S-Sport mode. hold it on the brake and give it some revs, take foot off brake at about 2.5 -3k revs.

    Personally i wouldnt do it too often !!! seems like one strep away from an exploding gearbox to me...Mine takes off like a scolded cat but there is quite a bang through the drive train.....
    Its not so much launch control as auto clutch dump....
    Last edited by paddy; 24th March 2010 at 06:57.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

    Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

  6. #5
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    95
    Hi Paddy just seen your post, thanks for the reply, well i think i dont have it as when i switch esp off in s mode with the brake on the car wont rev over 1200 rpm, so something not right there.
    The revs have to go to 2400rpm for it to work.

  7. #6
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    Lee
    If it will not rev then you need to push the brake harder

    It works in the following way.
    At standstill, you take off ESP, put the car in Sport, put your left foot on the brake, put your right foot on the gas the revs should level out at about 3000 and when you are ready to go take your foot off the brake...
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

    Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

  8. #7
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    888
    WOT controller

  9. #8
    Joe90k's Avatar
    Speed doesn't Kill!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    229
    AFAIK if the car has had the DSG update then launch control has been taken off. My car definitely doesn't have launch control as I tried to make it work for hours a few months back and nothing. I eventually phoned Audi and asked a technician who told me if I had full dealer history that it would have been updated and been removed from the car to stop the DSG prematurely failing. Mine also will not rev past 1200RPM and don't press the brake pedal too hard you will snap it lol

    Hope that helps.


    Click above for my A3 Build thread!

  10. #9
    Sarah's A3's Avatar
    MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire to Perth AU
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Hi Lee
    Launch control is std on your 04 3.2 DSG.
    Switch off your ESP. Put car in S-Sport mode. hold it on the brake and give it some revs, take foot off brake at about 2.5 -3k revs.

    Personally i wouldnt do it too often !!! seems like one strep away from an exploding gearbox to me...Mine takes off like a scolded cat but there is quite a bang through the drive train.....
    Its not so much launch control as auto clutch dump....
    Oooohhh have to try this lol, niver heard of this before!!!!


    Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Oooohhh have to try this lol, niver heard of this before!!!!

    It tells you about Launch control in the owners handbook
    A3 3.2 DSG S-line

  12. #11
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe90k View Post
    AFAIK if the car has had the DSG update then launch control has been taken off. My car definitely doesn't have launch control as I tried to make it work for hours a few months back and nothing. I eventually phoned Audi and asked a technician who told me if I had full dealer history that it would have been updated and been removed from the car to stop the DSG prematurely failing. Mine also will not rev past 1200RPM and don't press the brake pedal too hard you will snap it lol

    Hope that helps.
    sorry Joe..we were talking 3.2's
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

    Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

  13. #12
    Joe90k's Avatar
    Speed doesn't Kill!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    229
    All DSG's had/have launch control unless you have Audi service where it has been coded out with an DSG ECU flash. Mine has been updated. I'm sure that's correct as I have two very reliable sources, one an Audi master technician.

    Joe


    Click above for my A3 Build thread!

  14. #13
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    Maybe Joe but in the hand book, only the 3.2's have it enabled from the factory. Its an option on all others.....and a Audi master technician. is not a reliable source for anything
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

    Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO