Phantom Black vs Brilliant Black

DaveW

Reaction score
Hi,
my wife has ordered a brand new Sportback Technik model. She originally wanted a Brilliant Black one (same as my A4 :sm4:), however, the only black model available was in Phantom Black.
Has anyone got any pics of a Phantim Black Sportback, just to get an idea of how one would look? We saw an R8 at the weekend in Phantom Black, but you can;t really make a comparison to that :drool:

Phantom Black every day of the week.
Having prevuiously owned a briliant black A3 I found it difficult to mainatin the clean look and was told by many a paint expert that flat black (ie brilliant) is one of the hardest cars to keep clean.
Phanotm black just somehow looks 'blacker'. Its a deeper more special looking colour IMHO.
Hope this helps

heres some pics.. a couple were just after it was detailed (ones with original wheels) the others are more recent.. its a great colour but a bitch in terms of swirls and keeping clean, but arent all blacks???

S3RYE
audi0821-1.jpg

updates30121-1.jpg

IMG_0964-1.jpg

IMG_0965-1.jpg

given you a few different angles to get the idea... as already mentioned its a very deep black..

Last edited:
Phantom all the way, black will always suffer from swirl marks etc but you will be better off with this option.

All blacks are a nightmare , they do look the biz when cleaned , phantom black is the way to go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My A5 was phantom black, and that was hard enough to keep clean, flat black is even worse!! If you have to have either then Phantom Black without a shadow of a doubt!