Question on Black package

pillboy88

Reaction score
Would like some advice from owners with black package...

I'm in the market to buy a new 1.4 TFSI (Ibis white), I asked the sales lady what the "Black" package includes and she said just the black grille, the frame remains silver. However, from pics seen on this forum and most of the comments it seems that the grille + frame are both black. Also the fog lights' frame is also painted black instead of the dark grayish color. Can someone confirm which is it?

Also, would it be wise to get it painted aftermarket cuz it seems to be much cheaper due to tax issues. Any and all advice would be welcomed!!

Thanks!!

I was under the impression the Black Editions had dark wheels (anthracite) as well?

The A3 Brochure clearly states Polished black Grille Frame and matt black grille & plate holder, Should look nice but £300 ????

Is it hard to get the grille and frame painted black off market? If I order a new one with black package it takes almost 6 months for delivery, if I take the standard builds that come I can get it in 2 months then paint it myself... but I worry if the results would be the same...

Is it hard to get the grille and frame painted black off market? If I order a new one with black package it takes almost 6 months for delivery, if I take the standard builds that come I can get it in 2 months then paint it myself... but I worry if the results would be the same...

how much would a black grille cost from audi ? Then fit it yourself !!!!!!!!!!!!!
just an idea :idea: