I hope it aint serious!

jars

Reaction score
Hi to everyone here!

I have just bought a 53 plate 2.0tdi sport and it's not going well already so hope to get some help!

when i accelerate hard, the car becomes jerky... starts to accelerate, then stops and goes again, and when i was getting a feel for her on the motorway i couldn't get it over 3000rpm in either 5th or 6th gear which meant it wouldn't go over 105mph.

it's been serviced regularly from new with audi, and was last done about 2k miles ago.

i previously had a vauxhall astra which had a similar problem after the altenator was replaced and it was put down to the battery going dead flat, and as such, loads of errors showing upon the ecu, and once they were cleared ran smoothly again. the mechanic said the car had entered "limp home" mode and i was wondering if audis have something similar or i have a more sinister problem??

sorry if something similar has been posted before, but couldn't find anything like this.

thanks in advance for your help!

Throttle body or EGR Valve would be my guess, but that said i'd have thought that would have illuminated the EML

thanks for the quick response!!

yeah on the astra a warning light came on and it wouldn't accelerate at all, where as on my a3 it was ok (apart from the jerking) up to 105, and no warning lights

Welcome to the site.

Fuel pump under rear seat, a fuel supply issue, maf, multitiude of things could be, would be good to get someone with vagcom near you to scan it for any codes thrown 1st, link in my sig has users in areas willing to do for beer tokens.

Don't worry about not being able to achieve more than 105mph - that's the sort of speed that loses you your licence!

i agree, and normally i wouldn't go that fast... but you have to try your new car!!

just an upate as had my car fixed and hope this may help someone in the future with similar problems!!

had the fuel filter and maf changed and all's well again

well apart from the shaking when in netural or idle. reading someones post today someone said possible flywheel and or clutch problems.

cheers for the help anyway guys...