Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

best oem suspension upgrade for 54 plate sport???

whats the best oem suspension upgrade from all of the vag range for the tdi sport? i want to lower the car a bit, not too much cos its the girlfriends car and i dont want the bumper or sump smashing off, also i would like to upgrade the arb's and probably the brakes plus whatever else you guys can tell me

cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    why oem? most of the good brand aftermarket stuff is so much better than the vag oem

for example, the spring/damper combination is far too hard/crashy right across the range - a simple setup like koni fsd dampers with eibach -30mm springs is a million times better in terms of ride quality and road holding/handling.

the biggest oem ARB is too small, particularly for the rear, although the r32 front bar at about 24mm isnt bad if you pair it with a 24 or 25mm rear from neuspeed
    best ARBS that suit the a3 are either Hoskiss or the Neuspeed but neither is cheap, but they have the increased rear stiffness that reduces the understeer considerably

having said that, a full set of r32/s3/3.2 345mm front and rear oem brakes can be had for about350-400 and are brilliant for road use compared to the 280 or 312mm front set up.
    TT-RS 410hp revo
    Fiat 500 1.3 tdi 120hp
    A3 8P 2.0tdi 240hp Autograph Cars
    RS4 B5 520hp MTM
    S3 8L 345hp MTM
    Volvo 850 T5 300hp BSR
    Fiat Punto GT 130hp
    Lancia Delta Turbo 185hp
    Lancia Beta Coupe 122hp
    Mini 74hp

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I have coilovers on my car and H&R Anti Roll Bars, and the ride is solid and superb.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Neutral

Status
    was just thinking oem so its cheap as people on here would have upgraded and no longer want the standard items, and also the idea was so the ride wasnt too harsh as its also my girlfriends car and she would be the one driving it the most, i have a mk2 golf for bone crunching stifness and gangsta ride height.

what kind of money would i be looking at to swap to decent aftermarket shocks and minus 40-50 springs?

cheers

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Going to be a couple of hundred pounds either way...

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Neutral

Status
    i can live with that, just dont wana spend crazy dollars as the mk2 is my project car, im already getting carried away with the a3 though

2nd Gear

Status
    ill have a set of S3 springs spare as iv just orderd a set of h&R springs from awesome gti today

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by DOLPHIN DIESEL View Post
    i can live with that, just dont wana spend crazy dollars as the mk2 is my project car, im already getting carried away with the a3 though
    So have I, done everything I said I wasn't gonna do

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    So have I, done everything I said I wasn't gonna do
    All that cash, and it's still a diesel estate with a big dent in the sill
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Gettin fixed when skirts go on in April dude

Status
    Gettin fixed when skirts go on in April dude
    Cool cool, that'll be a happy day for you I'm sure!
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Indeed, following month, purple trim and CHs. That'll be the happiest day I love my tractor estate, looks sick, quick enough, without stupid running costs, win win win

Status
    looks sick
    A bit poorly with the dent yes, but it'll be all better soon as you said

It will look super cool with the trim and rims, purple and akoya should work very well I reckon.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Lmfao your funny pete.

Neutral

Status
    I'd agree, go aftermarket. Imo you'll use oem stuff then wish you had went aftermarket a few months down the line, so I reckon you'd be best to save a bit longer and buy aftermarket, instead of buying oem only to take it back off again?

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

What coils you runnin Ken?

Neutral

Status
    FK Highsports mate, cant complain about the ride quality at all for the height I'm running it at.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

FKs go SUPER low man. Would like to compare the ride with mine.

Neutral

Status
    What shows you got planned this year, sure we could sort something out?

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Mine will be ready for DC10, I know you'll be at that, then edition and probably players man.

Neutral

Status
    Yeah I'll be at DC. Pm me your number so I can find you if you wish.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Are you gonna be at spring fest? I'll go with Matt in the S3 to that one

Neutral

Status
    Nah its a bit far for a one day show for me mate. My next will be all types on 16th may?

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Oh ok, I'll see what I'm doin at the time..

3rd Gear

Status
    Are you gonna be at spring fest? I'll go with Matt in the S3 to that one
    What about me
    A3,tdi sportback,remaped,custom turbo back zorst,green filter,19"speedlines,airlift ,xenons,votex side skirts & spoiler,smoothed sline front,s3 back bumper, s3 mirror's,red nappa,s3 vents,pedals, gearknob,fbmfsw,opensky and more. ow and an RS4

For sale ....dolphin grey tdi 2006 front and back bumpers with grill,fogs etc,mirrors,sportback standard rear lights and mudflaps.
    All going cheap lol
    Also my mint 19 x 9 polished and red faced speedlines,with all good toyo t1rs,coming soon :o)

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I'll jump in your recaros instead then, doesn't bother me