JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

S-line rear valance options

I have recently bought myself a 56 reg A3 Sportback S-line SE and I'm wanting to change the original rear valance.

Can you please tell me what my options are? Either Audi body kits or facelifted S-line valances. I would really like an S3 version, but looking at the bumper shape I don't think it'll fit my S-line bumper?

Thanks for your help.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Just to clarify, is your SB an SE or S-line? It makes a big difference as to which will fit!

If S line (should be smooth at the top and have a grey section at the bottom) then the S3 valance is your only option i'm afraid!

The Audi bodykit (Known as Votex) only fits the standard SE bumper (fully painted with bumper strip on top edge)

Hope this helps
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

1st Gear

Status
    My car is an Sportback S-line Special Edition (not sure what the difference is though between s-line and s-line special edition?)

Would the new 2009 facelift s-line valance fit?

6th Gear

Status
    Dont think they made one of them, dealer bull probably!

The 2009 valance wont fit no, it will if you change the bumper to 2009 to match though!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    The 2009 valance wont fit no, it will if you change the bumper to 2009 to match though!
    Only the bottom part of the bumper needs changing IIRC. If you have the smoothed upper part, it should be the same as the new 2009 upper bumper

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by waqi View Post
    Only the bottom part of the bumper needs changing IIRC. If you have the smoothed upper part, it should be the same as the new 2009 upper bumper
    No the 09 bumper is one piece with a seperate grey "insert" Have a look next time you see one.

On a journey...

Status
    The S-Line Special Edition does exist - it was made from 2005 to 2007 and is essentially S-Line spec with Vienna leather. I didn't find out that mine was an S-Line SE until I read the V5 document for my car!
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic (2010) - Brilliant Red
    Technology Pack (RNSE 2, Bluetooth, 6-CD stack), BOSE, roof rails, 2 child seats and 310bhp

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben H View Post
    The S-Line Special Edition does exist - it was made from 2005 to 2007 and is essentially S-Line spec with Vienna leather. I didn't find out that mine was an S-Line SE until I read the V5 document for my car!
    Mine is probably not a Special Edition any more seeing as the previous owner opted for the special 2 tone leather option!