JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    6th Gear

Status

Through load option

Does anyone have a picture of the through load option? I'm interested in the armrest, the brochure says it has a cup holder, so is this a pop out affair or does the lid lift up?

TIA

2. # ADS
    ADS

Gievf Buckets

Status
    i dont have it, interesting thought, id imagine pop out, might just have permanant cupholder recesses in the armrest though

3rd Gear

Status
    I have a Sportback... dunno if you mean 3-door or sportback, nor if they're different or the same but i can tell you about mine...

It has a pull-down armrest in the centre. The armrest is hollow and has a latched, lift-up upholstered lid, covering a storage area. (my 6-year old LOVES this part!)
    In the 'end' (the end furthest from the down-swinging hinge/pivot axis) is a 2-cup cupholder, which is a push-push, latching, slide-in/spring-out affair, with sprung, cushioned arms to hold the cups.

Then, BEHIND the armrest is an upholstered blanking-plate, which is also pitoved/hinged RIGHT next to the armrest pivot axis. You release a catch in the trunk/boot and this swings down to allow pass-through of broom-handles, mic-stands, skis and any bizarre giraffe-necked passengers you may wish to carry.

I've not used it much, but I can see it being useful occasionally if people are in the habit of carrying long stuff like skis especially.

The ONE problem which I've had is that the armrest is pulled down by 'grasping' with your fingers in the 'gap' at the top, like the gap between two cushions on a sofa... This is also where the cupholder release and the storage area access latch are located. -Not a problem for a mechanically-sympathetic owner, but a less mechanically-reverential 5-year old can inadvertently break the plastic latch by reacing in, grbbing and pulling incautiously... -ask me how I know.

Other than that (fixed under warranty, and resulting in a rule about ASKING for dad's help pulling the armrest down in future!) it's been fine.

What finish? and if Black Leather with silver stitching, I know where there's one going... -it's over here, though.

Keith

2nd Gear

Status
    Sorry no pic as its a bit dark at the moment.

However, it does the following

You can pull down the armrest for rear seat passengers
    It has two cupholders that pop out of the front of the armrest.

The armrest is quite wide at 26cms. Within the armrest is a little storage area aprox 19cms wide x 20cms long and 4cms deep

Once pulled down there is a hard plastic back.

You open the load hatch by lifting the handle on the plastic back. I don't think that you can open this hatch from the boot (didnt check that!).

Also handy if you have a rear seat passenger and you want to get an item out of the boot without stopping

You also get a ski bag and fastening belt which clips in the rear middle seat belt holder to prevent your skis from flying out via the front window if you happen to have to brake sharply or be involved in a collision.
    Now

MY10 BMW 335d Touring (Sapphire Black)

MY10 S3 Sportback (Sprint Blue)

Previously
    06 BMW 330d M Sport Touring Le Mans Blue with Black leather, Phone Prep

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    You need Buckets, that what option you need to be looking at John!

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS3 View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of the through load option? I'm interested in the armrest, the brochure says it has a cup holder, so is this a pop out affair or does the lid lift up?

TIA
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...7-Finally-Here

John,

4th pic down shows you mine with the cupholder out.
    10 Plate / 2010 Ibis S3 - Buckets, Bose, Black Optics Grill, GSM Prep + IPhone4 cradle, Light & Rain Sensors, Interior Light Pack, PDC+,19" BBS CH Black Edition Alloys, GIAC Stg1, VWR Panel Filter, VWR custom front springs, VW Uprated Rear ARB. Mich PSS Tyres

To do: 2010 Rns-e, Haldex Performance Controller.

6th Gear

Status
    Thanks guys. Looks like this'll have to go on the list. I know a little fella who will like putting toys on it.

Gievf Buckets

Status

S3 (8P)

Status
    Really useful option this.
    My little one uses it all of the time.
    Defo worth having if you have ankle biters.

Cheers
    Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

6th Gear

Status
    Thanks Paul, I thought so too.

6th Gear

Status
    I keep meaning to ask, should my car have come with a ski bag as I specced buckets ?

I don't ski, would probably never use it, but if I should have one I want one !!!
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Boycie

Status
    I used mine for my snowboard bag but apart from that, it's never used

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin140 View Post
    I keep meaning to ask, should my car have come with a ski bag as I specced buckets ?

I don't ski, would probably never use it, but if I should have one I want one !!!
    Taken from the brochure...
    "Through-load facility. Includes removable ski bag for transporting long objects and rear centre armrest with cup holder"

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS3 View Post
    Taken from the brochure...
    "Through-load facility. Includes removable ski bag for transporting long objects and rear centre armrest with cup holder"
    Unless you have buckets in which case it sates that you get load through facility but NO ski bag ?
    10 Plate / 2010 Ibis S3 - Buckets, Bose, Black Optics Grill, GSM Prep + IPhone4 cradle, Light & Rain Sensors, Interior Light Pack, PDC+,19" BBS CH Black Edition Alloys, GIAC Stg1, VWR Panel Filter, VWR custom front springs, VW Uprated Rear ARB. Mich PSS Tyres

6th Gear

Status
    thanks for clearing that up.
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Neutral

Status
    if you don't spec the through load facility, do you still get the folddown rear armrest with storage? and cupholder?

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3forthemrs View Post
    if you don't spec the through load facility, do you still get the folddown rear armrest with storage? and cupholder?
    No, it's a combined feature.

Neutral

Status
    thanks japper. looks like i'll have to add this to my spec! it's perfect for storing kids toys and stuff!

Boycie

Status
    It is very shallow though, they will have to be very tiny toys!!

6th Gear

Status
    But they can be reached by little hands from little people strapped into car seats!