Through load option

JohnS3

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the through load option? I'm interested in the armrest, the brochure says it has a cup holder, so is this a pop out affair or does the lid lift up?

TIA

i dont have it, interesting thought, id imagine pop out, might just have permanant cupholder recesses in the armrest though

I have a Sportback... dunno if you mean 3-door or sportback, nor if they're different or the same but i can tell you about mine...

It has a pull-down armrest in the centre. The armrest is hollow and has a latched, lift-up upholstered lid, covering a storage area. (my 6-year old LOVES this part!)
In the 'end' (the end furthest from the down-swinging hinge/pivot axis) is a 2-cup cupholder, which is a push-push, latching, slide-in/spring-out affair, with sprung, cushioned arms to hold the cups.

Then, BEHIND the armrest is an upholstered blanking-plate, which is also pitoved/hinged RIGHT next to the armrest pivot axis. You release a catch in the trunk/boot and this swings down to allow pass-through of broom-handles, mic-stands, skis and any bizarre giraffe-necked passengers you may wish to carry.

I've not used it much, but I can see it being useful occasionally if people are in the habit of carrying long stuff like skis especially.

The ONE problem which I've had is that the armrest is pulled down by 'grasping' with your fingers in the 'gap' at the top, like the gap between two cushions on a sofa... This is also where the cupholder release and the storage area access latch are located. -Not a problem for a mechanically-sympathetic owner, but a less mechanically-reverential 5-year old can inadvertently break the plastic latch by reacing in, grbbing and pulling incautiously... -ask me how I know.

Other than that (fixed under warranty, and resulting in a rule about ASKING for dad's help pulling the armrest down in future!) it's been fine.

What finish? and if Black Leather with silver stitching, I know where there's one going... -it's over here, though.

Keith

Sorry no pic as its a bit dark at the moment.

However, it does the following

You can pull down the armrest for rear seat passengers
It has two cupholders that pop out of the front of the armrest.

The armrest is quite wide at 26cms. Within the armrest is a little storage area aprox 19cms wide x 20cms long and 4cms deep

Once pulled down there is a hard plastic back.

You open the load hatch by lifting the handle on the plastic back. I don't think that you can open this hatch from the boot (didnt check that!).

Also handy if you have a rear seat passenger and you want to get an item out of the boot without stopping:yes:

You also get a ski bag and fastening belt which clips in the rear middle seat belt holder to prevent your skis from flying out via the front window if you happen to have to brake sharply or be involved in a collision.

Thanks guys. Looks like this'll have to go on the list. I know a little fella who will like putting toys on it.

Really useful option this.
My little one uses it all of the time.
Defo worth having if you have ankle biters.:icon_thumright:

Cheers
Paul

I keep meaning to ask, should my car have come with a ski bag as I specced buckets ?

I don't ski, would probably never use it, but if I should have one I want one !!! :)

I keep meaning to ask, should my car have come with a ski bag as I specced buckets ?

I don't ski, would probably never use it, but if I should have one I want one !!! :)

Taken from the brochure...
"Through-load facility. Includes removable ski bag for transporting long objects and rear centre armrest with cup holder"

Taken from the brochure...
"Through-load facility. Includes removable ski bag for transporting long objects and rear centre armrest with cup holder"

Unless you have buckets in which case it sates that you get load through facility but NO ski bag ?

if you don't spec the through load facility, do you still get the folddown rear armrest with storage? and cupholder?

thanks japper. looks like i'll have to add this to my spec! it's perfect for storing kids toys and stuff!

But they can be reached by little hands from little people strapped into car seats!