AH FabricationsChris Nott
    happy happy happy :)

Status

need help with a few small problems please :)

hi guys, i recently put up a few thread with some problems ive been having but they seem to have dissapeared so here it goes again...lol

1) when i got the car one number plate bulb didnt work, my BF changed the bulb but it still didnt work, could it be a case of just a new holder needed or is there an individual fuse for these as we cant find one.

2) we also tried changing the side light bulbs for LED ones because one bulb had blew. but when he plugged in the new LED bulb it flickered a few times and went out, now weve tried putting in a normal 5W bulb in but nothing happens, there is just a warning light on the dash. we have tried looking for a fuse but cant find one, anyone got any ideas?

3) when the car is idling it judders sometimes but the needle on the dash doesnt drop or rise. but when pulling away its fine, anyone got any ideas? ive just changed the fuel filter and it still does it.

any help appreciated.

thanks

:D
    04 Audi A3 2.0tdi Sport (140)
    GOT - Pretty standard at the moment, HIDs, Rear Tints, 18" S Line alloys, Wind Deflectors.
    WANT - facelift conversion with black grill (pm me if anyone has got any parts goin) remap, green cotton filter. and maybe a little install

2. # ADS
    ADS

Gazza

Status
    my wife said i need help with my small problem

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1014 View Post
    hi guys, i recently put up a few thread with some problems ive been having but they seem to have dissapeared so here it goes again...lol

1) when i got the car one number plate bulb didnt work, my BF changed the bulb but it still didnt work, could it be a case of just a new holder needed or is there an individual fuse for these as we cant find one.

2) we also tried changing the side light bulbs for LED ones because one bulb had blew. but when he plugged in the new LED bulb it flickered a few times and went out, now weve tried putting in a normal 5W bulb in but nothing happens, there is just a warning light on the dash. we have tried looking for a fuse but cant find one, anyone got any ideas?

3) when the car is idling it judders sometimes but the needle on the dash doesnt drop or rise. but when pulling away its fine, anyone got any ideas? ive just changed the fuel filter and it still does it.
    1: check the bulb holder for corrosion & make sure the pins arent bent out of position in any shape or form

2: where did you check for fuses, end of drivers dash there's a hidden cover, just prise this of & there's a load of fuses there, also check your bulb holder hasnt been damaged

3: sensor fault maybe, but do you mean juddering as in about to stall?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    Is it a tdi?

The judder may be the infamous flywheel problem.

I have the same thing on mine, and this is what I have put it down to.

Feels like a little wobble now and then on idle
    05 SB SE BKD

Build Thread

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah thats what I was leading to aswell mate, does it go away or change when you depress the clutch on manual or dsg when put into neutral.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK