Sky InsuranceBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

SPORT SPEC SPORTBACK - IS THE RIDE TOO FIRM ?

Hi , i'm going to test drive the 1.6tdi and the 2.0tdi sportback in the sport spec . Friends have told me that the ride is very hard , so much so that back seat passengers in theirs felt sick ! As this will be a family car i'm a little concerned for the kids !!! I don't fancy much the SE for the softer ride , but was wondering if anyone else had suffered this problem with the sport .

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    you must be confused with the S-line suspension. S-line is harder and uncomfortable, IMO sports suspension on 18" is ideal for comfort, handling and not as high as SE.

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

Many members quite like the ride of the Sport but personally I find it a bit on the hard side which is why I have an SE with the opitional 17" alloys. But the only way you will know is to try it for yourself. When you have your test drives make sure you try it in some country lanes as well as on the generally better main roads,
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Neutral

Status
    I have the Sport with 18's, little one usually falls asleep during journeys and no complaints here....

Rarely neutral

Status
    Very much depends on what you want....personally,I found the ride on the S3 to be a bit rolly-poly and underdamped and went for an aftermarket coilover setup.

I don't think you'd find the SE or S-Line too hard,but as has already been said,it's well worth trying before buying.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    The Sport should be good esp if with 18s. I have the S Line suspension and my little back passengers dont complain. The S Line is much harder than the sports so you should be ok.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks , just thought i would go with standard 17's . Do you think this would be that much different from the 18's that you mention ?
    Last edited by shilts; 20th March 2010 at 05:19.

Neutral

Status
    Sline and 18"'s have made my daughter feel queezy in the back, she is not the best passenger, but does know exactly whats right or wrong.

kevin

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by shilts View Post
    Thanks , just thought i would go with standard 17's . Do you think this would be that much different from the 18's that you mention ?
    I have a Sportback Sport with the standard 17 inchers. The suspension is firm but, compared to my previous Astra Sri, it's soft!