SPORT SPEC SPORTBACK - IS THE RIDE TOO FIRM ?

shilts

Reaction score
Hi , i'm going to test drive the 1.6tdi and the 2.0tdi sportback in the sport spec . Friends have told me that the ride is very hard , so much so that back seat passengers in theirs felt sick ! As this will be a family car i'm a little concerned for the kids !!! I don't fancy much the SE for the softer ride , but was wondering if anyone else had suffered this problem with the sport .

you must be confused with the S-line suspension. S-line is harder and uncomfortable, IMO sports suspension on 18" is ideal for comfort, handling and not as high as SE. :icon_thumright:

Many members quite like the ride of the Sport but personally I find it a bit on the hard side which is why I have an SE with the opitional 17" alloys. But the only way you will know is to try it for yourself. When you have your test drives make sure you try it in some country lanes as well as on the generally better main roads,

I have the Sport with 18's, little one usually falls asleep during journeys and no complaints here....

Very much depends on what you want....personally,I found the ride on the S3 to be a bit rolly-poly and underdamped and went for an aftermarket coilover setup.

I don't think you'd find the SE or S-Line too hard,but as has already been said,it's well worth trying before buying.

The Sport should be good esp if with 18s. I have the S Line suspension and my little back passengers dont complain. The S Line is much harder than the sports so you should be ok.

Thanks , just thought i would go with standard 17's . Do you think this would be that much different from the 18's that you mention ?:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Thanks , just thought i would go with standard 17's . Do you think this would be that much different from the 18's that you mention ?:icon_thumright:

I have a Sportback Sport with the standard 17 inchers. The suspension is firm but, compared to my previous Astra Sri, it's soft!