Judder/Misfire @ 1400rpm

sarah1989

Reaction score
Hi, i have a 54 plate 2.0TDI DSG, had a few problems before with misfires etc, got that sorted with replacing the wiring harness from the injectors to the loom.

Over the past few weeks my car judders at 1400rpm especially in gear 4, I had my friend plug his equipment in to it who is a auto electrician and the fault it brings up is cylinder 2 combustion failure

Would this be the problem with the judder?

What does that error actually mean is it injector 2 that needs replacing?

Thanks in advance for any info.. Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

Do you have the fault code that it's bringing up?

No didnt think to write that bit down:lazy:

But the exact message was cylinder 2 combustion failure x

I have a set of injectors if you need some Sarah.

£105 for a set delivered by courier to get to your door in 24 hours.

£105 for a set delivered by courier to get to your door in 24 hours.

I will let you know early this week, its booked in to my garage for tomorrow.

I'm going to sound real stupid here, but my auto elec plugged in to it yesterday and had a play and he told me some important stuff which just went above me and I cant remember half of it :crying:

It was along the lines of he cant read or run anything between 1200rpm and 2000rpm.. which is just where the problem is.

The problem only happens when cold, once it is warmed up then thats when it starts.

Could any one shed any light?

Thanks x

Spoke to a mechanic yesterday which suggested it could be the fuel im using, month and a half ago I put shell V Power Diesel in for the first time, and that possibly is when the problem first started to show? What do you guys think?

The words ****** and don`t ever take you car to that idiot sorry i mean "mechanic" spring to mind.