Engine Mods 170 tdi

HIGGINS

Reaction score
I drive a Audi A3 2.0tdi 170bhp 2006

Im Looking to Mod the engine and i really need specific answers as ive been searching hard and cant find all the answers i need :p :(

Exhaust

Im looking to get an exhaust but i can only find a miltek for the 140? will it still be the best exhaust for the 170 and here is the exhaust i found: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-2-0-T...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a7c1bc24
Is this the best on for my car and i dont really know much about it but would i just buy this go to a garage and fit it? or do i need to do anything else? would you reccomend a de-cat and would it pass its MOT?

Re-map

Im wanting to go with REVO for a remap as i trust them and they are round the corner, would i get the exhuast first or this? if i can the exhuast after this would it mess with the re-map?

Induction Kit/Panel Filter

Should i get one of these, does it increase the performance by much? does it change the sound by much? Which one should i get induction kit or panel filter? which one?

Sorry for the amount of questions its just i dont want to make many mistakes and please try to answer as many questions as you can. What else would you recommend or is a must do with the 170tdi?

Much Appriciated if you could help :readit::icon_thumright:

Hey mate I have stage 1 on mine whick consists of:

miltek dpf delete pipe
miltek cat back exhaust (140 fits fine)
green cotton pannel filter ( induction kits lose power on diesels due to the head under the bonnet)
custom code remap

and the car is a total animal now so quick n pulls like a train

the dpf delete is a must as this n a remap is were all the important gains come from

hope this helps
chris

miltek dpf delete pipe
green cotton pannel filter ( induction kits lose power on diesels due to the head under the bonnet)
custom code remap

the dpf delete is a must as this n a remap is were all the important gains come from

hope this helps
chris

Hey Chris,

If I was to add a green cotton panel filter, would it make any differences?

miltek dpf delete pipe
custom code remap

hope this helps
chris

when you mean stage 1 do you mean stage one remap from revo?

and then you have added the exhuast etcc yourself

and is that exhuiast i have linked the one i need to dpf delete? or do i need to buy something ontop of that?

also where did you get your filter?

Chris,

With a DPF delete dont you have MOT problems??
How do you get around the christmas tree effect on the dash?

Have been looking to upgrade my 170 this year too.

I wanted to go Forge Twintercooler, Map & Filter.
BUT......Forge only offer a Twintercooler for the 140 at present! Doh!

Chris,

With a DPF delete dont you have MOT problems??
How do you get around the christmas tree effect on the dash?

Have been looking to upgrade my 170 this year too.

I wanted to go Forge Twintercooler, Map & Filter.
BUT......Forge only offer a Twintercooler for the 140 at present! Doh!

If there is any MOT problems just put the DPF pipe back on again with a standard map, simple really. If mapped properly there shouldn`t be any extra lights on the dash. PD140 and 170 have the same front end mate so no reason not to fit maybe just need the bracket weilded in a slightly different place. If you want a Twintercooler i have one that i was going to fit to my car if your interested.http://audi-sport.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4446&title=forge-twintercooler&cat=15

Cheers Mikey

Forge wanted my car as a demo for a new Twintercooler for the PD170 - The Designer in Glocs said thay cannot confirm as yet if the standard one (Designed & Tested for PD140) will fit or work?

Will have to get some specs first.

Cheers for the offer will keep it in mind :)