NOT HAPPY!

SMOKINSKINS

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know or came across the problem I have with my A3 sportback...... Its an S-line with the Audi 18 inch 20 spoke splits with the Allen keys studs. I look after my cars but 3 of the wheels are corroding around the split rim join AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH not pleased!!! Am going to the dealer today so would like to know if this is more than just my problem GRRRRRRRR!

In fairness, whilst you expect quality from OEM wheels, it's been an atrocious winter (lots of salt on roads for months).

It only takes some road debris to damage the wheel lacquer and you are sitting pretty for corrosion. Likewise on a split rim there is probably a gully for salty water to sit and do its corrosion. OEM wheel refurbs often seem to be 'rush' jobs, so you are at risk of them quick fixing the issue.

How old is the car / wheels out of curiosity?

Have the wheels ever been split? If they have, it is quite common for split rims to do this if not put back together correctly :(

Hopefully your car is within warrenty and you get this problem resolved!

Well the dealer is going to put a new set of rims on. Service was great :) the car is 2 and a half years old now, only done 12000 miles but like i said i keep it clean Love the car! The wheels never been split or fixed before. Thanks for the input the guys at audi said the winter has been bad so fingers crossed it wont do it again.