BBS CHs in satin black

One Spoke

Reaction score
Is anyone on here running satin black CH's? Reason for asking is that I think they would loook the nuts on my Imola Yellow S3, but I'm concerned any chips etc. would be highlighted more with the silver alloy underneath showing through.

Has this been a problem for anyone on here? Should I just stick with the silver alloys?

Cheers.

If you get them powder coated,it is much stronger than painting,and even if
you do get th odd chip,its very easy to touch up.
How many chips do you get on your current alloys not many i'm sure :icon_thumright:

I'm running 19" Black Edition CH's. Only done 600 miles so can't advise on durabillity but they seemed quality finish when i was sealing them. Had satin black works wheels on my JCW mini and a stone chip showed up as white not silver. Easily touched up with satin black paint. You CAN'T polish scratches out of satin black wheels though. If you do then the area becomes gloss finish. So make sure your wash tecqnique is faultless.

I have had black CH's on my white S3 for 18 months and 11,000 miles now. Not a mark or chip on them. I also use a good quality and non acidic wheel cleaner. The CH also has a stainless steel lip protector that can be removed (never done it) should you meet a curb accidently. BBS are not leading motorsport (incl. F1) suppliers for poor quality products.
And I would not recommend powder coating at all. The powder coat will just get damaged from hot brake pad particals melting into the surface.

You need to, they have no impact whatsoever against your yellow paint..

hell man, give me a break.
whats my options n8?
someone told me i should do satin rims with a yellow stripe?
does that mean i gotta do optics grille too?

Just had my 19 x 9.5 ch's powdercoated,and done plenty in the past with no issue's
aa61.jpg