Chris NottEM Tuning
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1st Gear

Status

Vinyl wrap Votex splitter

Iv had a Votex splitter kicking around for ages. Its still in primer so was thinking of vinyl wrapping in black to go on Lava Grey. Has anyone done this or any opinions on what this would look like.
    And does anyone know if the 05+ splitter for the single grill will fit on an 04 double grill. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Gievf Buckets

Status
    sounds like an excuse to do the conversion to me, worth every penny going to single grill imo

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    Sorry, but I think that will look wrong. Don't do it!

But hey it's your car!
    05 SB SE BKD

Build Thread

Neutral

Status
    They was an article on vinyl wrapping in a BMW mag, not sure it would be any cheaper than getting it sprayed?

1st Gear

Status
    It would only cost about 7 to wrap it iv already got the tools and heat gun. I wrapped my inlays with brushed silver vinyl and the came out pretty good.
    always thinking about doing the single grill but it would cost 800+ unless i got lucky on ebay, And iv got a Wedding and honeymoon to pay for this summer and more importantly an ECU remap to pay for first.

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    I think the votex front splitter looks okish when fitted. Main reason is due to the fact that it blends in to the original bumper, and doesn't look stuck on.

If you wrap it black, it will stand out to much and just look very tacky. IMHO
    05 SB SE BKD

Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah i know what you mean thats a good point, i was trying to get that cupra splitter look.

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jameo84 View Post
    Yeah i know what you mean thats a good point, i was trying to get that cupra splitter look.
    Buy a cupra splitter then! they are only 20ish quid
    05 SB SE BKD

Build Thread

Quattro Drive

Status
    How do you fit the cupra splitters? Does it use the current fittings or is there drilling and stuff involved?
    Ibis White 2.0 TDi 170 Quattro Black Edition

LOOKING FOR - Black facelift wingmirrors
    FOR SALE - 312mm discs, pads, complete calipers and pipes - Only 500 miles on them from new! 275+Delivery

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    Easy peasey.

Cut of the 2 tall tags to the same height as the others,drill some pilot holes, and fix with self tapping screws.

Half hour job if you take your time!
    05 SB SE BKD

Build Thread

Quattro Drive

Status
    Sounds awesome, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one! I'm assuming it's all plastics that you're drilling into?

FOR SALE - 312mm discs, pads, complete calipers and pipes - Only 500 miles on them from new! 275+Delivery

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan! View Post
    Sounds awesome, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one! I'm assuming it's all plastics that you're drilling into?
    Careful if buying off Ebay, some sellers are selling the Cupra Splitter for 40 plus postage. I got mine from the Seat Dealership for 21!!! bargain, not sure where you are from but Seat Liverpool are so helpful!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    Yes all plastic mate!
    05 SB SE BKD

Build Thread

Quattro Drive

Status
    I'm up in Aberdeen so I might have to give the dealership here a ring once my car arrives to find out prices...

Glad to hear its all plastic, and it does look the mutt's when its on. Hopefully even better with an Ibis BE...

Gievf Buckets

Status
    hah im sure it will if you gloss black it up theres a great paintshop in kirriemuir, which i and my dad use (we are both very fussy on paint) and we have never complained about his work though he is a tad dearer, but you get what you pay for

Quattro Drive

Status
    Ok, so they don't come already painted then? Even if it's matt that's fine!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    theyre just black bumpy plastic i think usual for like bumper inserts etc

Quattro Drive

Status
    Ah ok. I was just thinking that an unpainted/vinyled might still match the dark centre bit of the s-line kit? Think that it would only cost 30 to get it wrapped anyway but would just save the hastle...

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    I'll have a look..................

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Just looked... its smooth to touch but looking close under the light does have tiny bumps on but overall feels smooth (if that makes sense!!! lol) Leaving mine, wont paint it.

Quattro Drive

Status
    Sounds ok to me! I'm sure that I'll be able to just fit it as is and should look pretty close to the centre of the sline kit! woohoo!

Worst case is I just have a look at it before I buy it at Seat, no big deal! Cheers for all your help guys!

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    The Seat I went to couldn't help enough, even let me take it outside and hold it up to the car etc, great people. Give it a go.

Quattro Drive

Status
    I definately will do as soon as I have the car to hold it up to! lol. 29th hopefully...

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Lucky Lucky you! keep it clean now and post pics when it arrives, im jealous now...

Quattro Drive

Status
    Yeah, as soon as I get it I'll be taking a bit of a back road drive just after taking millions of photos! They will be up in the 'Black Edition' thread as soon as I get home from the drive!

Woohoo!

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    I dont blame you, enjoy it. What spec will be on it??

Quattro Drive

Status
    Just as in my sig with heated seats. Have S3 brakes waiting to go on, chip sitting waiting and thinking of having the roof done in black vinyl since I think it looks great on the sportback with the sunroof!

Anything else you can think of that won't cost an arm and a leg?

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    S3 brakes sound good as does the chip, just watch the boost levels incase of turbo problems and clutch slippage. The only other thing i'd do is sat nav, love mine. But in all sounds good.

The Ibis

Status
    what chip is it Dan?

Quattro Drive

Status
    It's from Chip Express (www.chipexpress.com). I was sceptical but talked to a tuning place up here that said they had seen a few on their RR and they put out near enough makes no difference the same power/mpg as a custom map and ran very smoothly.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Keep us posted how it goes, thats interesting, not heard of them before.

Quattro Drive

Status
    I definately will! You can crank up the power but I don't think that I will straight away since after speaking with people on here it seems that I won't get any more power without getting rid of the DPF so it's not really worth it... Plus I think 200bhp and 400Nm is plenty to begin with. Think that it might surprise people, which is good enough for me!

I thought about the sat nav but had a TomTom that I can update easily so was happy with that - and I like the 6 disc changer while not having to pay more for anything!

The Ibis

Status
    The sat nav does look nice but work gave me a Garmin so i use that

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Yup 200bhp sounds good.

Specs great and yes good not to pay more

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Careful if buying off Ebay, some sellers are selling the Cupra Splitter for 40 plus postage. I got mine from the Seat Dealership for 21!!! bargain, not sure where you are from but Seat Liverpool are so helpful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3
    The Seat I went to couldn't help enough, even let me take it outside and hold it up to the car etc
    ...Isn't that place almost right across the road from the Audi dealership, up by that dockland market?

-They probably WANTED the Audi guys to see them making sale to an Audi owner!!!

Keef

Quattro Drive

Status
    Yeah, like I say it really does make it a bit of a diesel sleeper!

With the xenons, tints, steering wheel, Bose, wheels and the engine on top of the sline equipment it makes me smile every time I think about it!

The Ibis

Status
    Yeah, like I say it really does make it a bit of a diesel sleeper!

With the xenons, tints, steering wheel, Bose, wheels and the engine on top of the sline equipment it makes me smile every time I think about it!
    I bet you keep flicking through the brochure

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VWAddict View Post
    ...Isn't that place almost right across the road from the Audi dealership, up by that dockland market?

-They probably WANTED the Audi guys to see them making sale to an Audi owner!!!

Keef
    Hey Keef, maybe. The guys there said they sell lots to A3 owners. Something Audi should think of selling at a sensible price instead of stupid prices. I got a price today for 4 small pieces of trim for the S Line diffuser, 25 for each small piece!!! crazy!

Quattro Drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a3rick View Post
    I bet you keep flicking through the brochure
    Don't be silly, I'm not that sad! I use the configurator on the internest instead... It's more interactive! :D

The Ibis

Status
    Lol I guess I'm just old fashioned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast