Alternatives to cigarette lighter? Blank trim or maybe cap?

c_w

Reaction score
The cigarette lighter seems to have a very prominent position on the centre console in the A3 and since I will never use it are there any alternatives to it? Like a blanking trim? Can it be removed? (I probably won't use the power socket either). In my brother's 53-plate A4 the cigarette lighter is similarly positioned but has a nice folding mechnaism to it so that it hides away.

Mine doesnt have one, the ashtray and lighter were replaced by storage areas etc. Not sure if it was an option. I have the power socket and cover instead too

Thanks - has anyone got any pictures of these options by any chance?

:blink: indeed!

Great mod without a doubt and MQ is the king for it but it's not worth all the work required.

Mine doesnt have one, the ashtray and lighter were replaced by storage areas etc. Not sure if it was an option. I have the power socket and cover instead too

Here are a couple of pictures of the 12v socket with the cover in my A3. It came as standard as I ordered it with the 'no smoking pack' but the parts can be ordered through a dealer.

12v 01.jpg

12v 02.jpg

Have gone for the smooth cover version as the torches etc still just look like a cigarette lighter sticking out.

how can the torch we recessed when ever it protrudes like the cigarette lighter :S

when you close the cover the torch goes under the cover. it's a mechanism that lowers it inside and under the cover.
see attached.

I know you can order the part to swap the ashtray to a storage tray, but does anyone know the part number for the power socket that Dave posted a pic of?

so the torch can be pushed down to be hidden under the cover? how does that work? im tempted to get one if thats the case..

when you close the cover the torch goes under the cover. it's a mechanism that lowers it inside and under the cover.
see attached.

That looks like the same part/mechanism as in the A4?