Audi RS3 ?

L e o

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Audi are definately making the RS3 and if so when will they be on the market and how much ? Loving my Solar Orange S3 so much that i'm already thinking ahead to what i can have next and the obvious choice would be the "forthcoming" RS3 !! Thanks in advance

A.T.B Leo :icon_thumright:

A guy I know who works as a Technician for Audi says that there computer systems has been loaded with all the codes for RS3 Parts!
It due this summer I believe :)

A guy I know who works as a Technician for Audi says that there computer systems has been loaded with all the codes for RS3 Parts!

mmmmmm.... interesting. I think the big deal about the possible RS model is that the S3 is so successfully tuneable, the RS is going to have to be a hell of a machine to warrant the hefty price tag it will no doubt command.

I thought Audi only ran one RS model at a time, and the RS5 is due out this year :think:

Yes, the above is nearly true, I thought it was 2, the RS5 is due out very soon and is already previewed on the Audi website, and I can't imagine they will stop production of the TTRS so soon to make way for another model?

Last edited:
The S3 engine is now used in plenty of cars. I guess the new S3 will be a bit more special, so let's wait and see what the new S3 will have under the hood and then think about the RS3. IMO it is very unlikely to announce an RS3 on the current model which is due for replacement very very soon (i.e. end of 2010)

here we go again.....

If this mystical car was to be released in the summer do you not think it would have been at the Geneva Motorshow?

I have just ordered a new S3 and had an in depth chat to the manager, who confirmed he had the release schedule for 2010 and the RS3 was not in there.

If it is to be produced, in my opinion it will only be when the production of the RS6 stops. As they have just released a final special edition model, the RS6 Plus Limited Edition, so we will have to wait at least until all 500 of these are sold.

The TT RS is made on the normal TT production line from what i have been told, so maybe the RS3 will be the same, if it ever hits the production line!

There's no reason why an RS3 couldn't be built on the 8P production line so it's possible that they'd build it at the same time as the TT-RS and RS6.

I really don't think they gonna build one with this old platform. My inkling is that the most likely process is, bring out a brand new model(which they are) in late 2010 or 2011 and then do a proper job on the new S3 which will most probably have at least 300bhp..An RS3 on the current platform, to me, just doesn't make sense...and I'd probably say that on the new platform as well..the 8p S3 ruled it's class when it first came out...and I think the next generation will do the same.