Prospective A3 Buyer with questions.

jeffacus

Reaction score
I'm thinking about changing my Toyota Auris T-spirit 2008 2.0 Diesel for an Audi A3 Sportback.

It's got all the bells and whistles and I like the engine, but dislike the current press they've been getting, the fact that the Garage can't seem to fix my squeaky breaks and the ride.

My wife is eligible for a lease car through the NHS fleet solutions deal, which seems to be good value no matter which car you choose.

I'm looking along the lines of the 140 start/stop engine to keep company car tax low and fuel economy high (since apart from the lease figure, i'll only be paying for fuel). This engine will be a bit quicker than my current one (126 bhp) and hopefully better than 44mpg which I currently get.

I'm tempted to go for the S-line black edition, as its actually cheaper than a golf gt 140, plus looks way better.

What I'd like to know is if anyone else out there has an audi or has used the NHS lease scheme, and if theres anything to look out for.

Also, although I've been viewing the forum for the past month or so and seen a few good pics of the Black Edition in a few of the colours, i'm finding it hard to track one down at a dealers to view - anyone on here with one I could have a peek at up here in Newcastle?

Finally, are there any extras that anyone can recommend? I think I'll go for the rain sensors and light sensors (the wife loves those) along with the parking sensors pack....

Thanks for your time

Jeff

PS You guys seem a great bunch - offering lots of help where possible - thanks for the info i've managed to get from just reading some of the posts!