Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

LAVA GREY - YOUR OPINIONS !!!

Hi , what are your opinions please on 'LAVA GREY' ? I was wondering how hard it is to keep clean and scratch free . Black for me is nice but a pig to keep clean and you only have to look at it for it to scratch . Silver , easy to look after but for me a little too light . I just wondered from anyone who has LAVA where this colour falls . I love lava but don't want anything that is too high maintenance to keep nice - like black , cheers .

2. # ADS
    ADS

(●̮̮̃̃) (●̮̮̃̃)

Status
    Given up on Condor then ? LOL!
    05 SB SE BKD

Build Thread

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    I thought we'd worked out on the previous "Condor" thread that it's not as fast as "Meteor Grey" and if you really want extra oomph then you need "Sprint Blue"
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

5th Gear

Status
    i have it, not had hard to keep looking good as black, but looks THE BOMB when clean, as its pearleascent you get several nice tones at different angles ie purpley /grey/black.
    Not as common as silver and esp white which is becoming so rinsed nowadays either.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

1st Gear

Status
    scottie123 , not given up just yet !!! Always liked lava but thought it would be a pain to keep looking good - like black .

The Ibis

Status
    Lava grey is very dark almost like black from a distance so I think you'll have the same issues with this as you do with the black.

S3 (8P)

Status
    Lava looks ace IMO
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

SMc
    1st Gear

Status

Cool

Just sold my Lava Grey A3 Sline today after just over 2 years of happy ownership

Must say, when its clean, in my opinion, its by far the best colour available.....the pearl looks fantastic and in the sun it brings out the gold in the paint....stunning.

I looked after my paintwork but not in an anal way, just cleaned it regularly with a wash mitt..never a sponge....and only polished it a few times. it didnt scratch any worse than any other colour as long as you look after it.....even after 2 years it looked deep and mirror like
    On my 3rd Audi.....my latest PROJECT...... a 2002 A4 1.9TDi Avant Sport.... wrapped matt white with 19" VMR matt black wheels.

6th Gear

Status
    I love the colour of my A3

As akash said, when it's just been cleaned it looks the dogs danglies coz of all the different tones, colours and shiney sparkles you get from the pearl effect
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

ste
    reverse gear

Status
    best colour i reckon and not half as much trouble as black to keep clean. looks great when it catches the sun

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks guy's , the reason that i'd never considered lava before was that i thought it would be no different to black with regards to getting and keeping looking good . But the signs so far would suggest that it is easier to keep than either solid or metalic black .

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I like dolphin grey

1st Gear

Status

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    I like lava grey. It was my first choice when getting an A3. Very classy IMHO.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

1st Gear

Status
    I originally wanted Black but a Lava Grey one came up for sale at the right time with the right mileage at the right price etc and I'm so glad it did, the colour has grown on me so so much since buying it, I love it! I'm one for liking my cars as clean as poss and after coming to Lava from my previous car (Black Clio V6) I can assure you that it's far far easier to keep looking mint than Black!
    Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport, Lava Grey, -50mm H&R's, 18" RS6's, H&R 10mm Spacers On Front/12mm On Rear, Facelift Rear Lights...

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I haven't seen Lava in the flesh, but looks too dark, prefer the lighter Dolphin..

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    I haven't seen Lava in the flesh, but looks too dark, prefer the lighter Dolphin..
    Apparently they actually grind little bits of dead dolphins into the paint to get that colour. A bit like the beetles that go into turkish delight. Not sure that's ethical, so I'd rather lava grey.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

lmfao

Reverse Gear

Status
    Lava grey is the best ,i clay-bar mine every 3 months to get rid of salt/tar and other road crap,i use meguiers gold and carnuaba wax,looks great,really deep shine,originally wanted met blue but after a bit of confusion at the dealers i had this one,glad i did,like a mirror when clean,

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V6Pete View Post
    Apparently they actually grind little bits of dead dolphins into the paint to get that colour. A bit like the beetles that go into turkish delight. Not sure that's ethical, so I'd rather lava grey.
    I thought all paint was dolphin friendly these days? I'm waiting for Baby Seal Grey to be introduced...
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    I thought all paint was dolphin friendly these days? I'm waiting for Baby Seal Grey to be introduced...
    I can't wait for "3 day old kittens and puppies" black to be launched

Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    That'll have flecks of red in the grey (from when they club them to death).

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    I can't wait for "3 day old kittens and puppies" black to be launched

Nice

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    lava grey is a lovely colour the pearl in the sun is amazin and its not like black at all to keep clean..

The reason i know this is ive just sold my lave grey audi A3 and got a passat estate in pearl black and its a bi*ch to keep clean if 3 drops of rain fall from the sky the car is covered in ****e ,Looks great but you just wash it wax it walk in the house a shower starts i feel like throwing the bucket through the front window , lava grey if you wash once a week or fortnight is ace ....

The Ibis

Status
    tbh I nearly chose lava grey but decided against it because my missus opened her gob and said it looked liked faded black.....put me right off

Neutral

Status
    Bellshill, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom

LAVA GREY........

when its clean, its looks stunning........have a look @ my avator

The King of Cannock

Status
    The one i get in May is Lava Grey so this is all music to my ears

Air, OZ, Tarrox, on a TDI

1st Gear

Status
    I'm liking this the more i read !

Neutral

Status
    Lava Grey rulez.... in the sun is a jawdropping colour... with lots of bronse in it... looks absoltely ace.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckedm View Post
    Lava Grey rulez.... in the sun is a jawdropping colour... with lots of bronse in it... looks absoltely ace.

Nice colour but how come Holland is the only country with a yellow front number plate - spoils the looks of the car IMO!
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 140 Sport S-Tronic (8P3)

Aruba Blue

Alu Roof Rails*Cruise*BOSE*USB

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    Oi Shilts! Didn't I say Lava was the colour to go for in your Condor thread? As most people have said, Lava is awesome, my mrs had an 8P1 and covered nearly 90k in it in 3 years, I washed it for her once every couple of wks and to be fair it always stayed faily clean compared to the Met Black Volvo she has now.

LAVA, do it.....
    A4 B6 Avant 130 Sport Dolphin Grey. FCA - Storage Pack - Advanced Lighting - Retro Fit Cobra Park assist - Gen OEM RS6's - Parrot Kit with screen in ashtray. Coming soon, stealth audio upgrade, LCR splitter.

Previously 60 plate Octavia VRS, Dull Mk6 Golf, A3 8P Sport with mods, New shape Jetta,2 x Passat B6 Sports with AMG 19's, A4 DTM, A4 S-Line, Bora 130 Sport Decked, Toledo TT comp Wheels, some other stuff, Alfa's etc. 1st car 1986 Polo Coupe S.

1st Gear

Status
    4NT , i should have listened to you the first time !!! I guess i always had in the back of my mind that it would be equally as hard to keep as black , so never seriously considered it . The pictures 'Deckedm' , are truly awesome . The sunlight really brings out the colour - i bet it looks even better in the flesh !

4NT
    Terminal Douche Bag!

Status
    Lava it is, I've had lots of Black cars and regretted it, I would have Lava again in a heart beat....
    A4 B6 Avant 130 Sport Dolphin Grey. FCA - Storage Pack - Advanced Lighting - Retro Fit Cobra Park assist - Gen OEM RS6's - Parrot Kit with screen in ashtray. Coming soon, stealth audio upgrade, LCR splitter.

Previously 60 plate Octavia VRS, Dull Mk6 Golf, A3 8P Sport with mods, New shape Jetta,2 x Passat B6 Sports with AMG 19's, A4 DTM, A4 S-Line, Bora 130 Sport Decked, Toledo TT comp Wheels, some other stuff, Alfa's etc. 1st car 1986 Polo Coupe S.