rad leaking

tdi-man

Reaction score
had a water leak for a few weeks had a quick look tonite leaks coming from drivers side of the rad is there any think else to look at down there or is it a new rad job ?

New rad
I had mine replaced last week as it was leaking at the bottom corner (corrosion), this is a common problem on the mk5 Golfs as well, main dealers changed mine after diagnosis and total was £495

Get yourself a rad from GSF, ECP, etc and get an indy to fit it if you can't - dealer charged me £105 p/h labour

yup ok im on the case rads about 80.00 and i'll pop down m8s garage tomo to check it for me first.

New rad
I had mine replaced last week as it was leaking at the bottom corner (corrosion), this is a common problem on the mk5 Golfs as well, main dealers changed mine after diagnosis and total was £495

Get yourself a rad from GSF, ECP, etc and get an indy to fit it if you can't - dealer charged me £105 p/h labour

Why the hell did you go to a dealer for if he charges £105 per hour ?
As to the water leak it might be something as simple as a loose pipe connector without looking it could be lots of things. If it is the rad and it`s a small leak you might want to try some Rad Weld or simular product as it`s only about £2.50-£5 a bottle as you have nothing to loose by trying.

Had mine changed under warranty due to a leak.

Did think that it was the dreaded BKD head issue, but turned out to be the rad leaking.

Paul

Mines in this Saturday morning for a rad leak, replacing the rad with a new genuine Audi one.. Only the suspension bushes and bottom arm bushes to do and then mechanically it's mint, oh and put my new glow plug in!

Face lift time after that!

:icon_thumright:

Had mine changed under warranty due to a leak.

Did think that it was the dreaded BKD head issue, but turned out to be the rad leaking.

Paul

Have you got any photos of your motor, just noticed your profile photo, looks like an 8P1 like mine.. would like to see the chrome (assuming) S3 mirrors.

:icon_thumright:

They are the plastic version so only a replacement cap that James (MarriedBlonde) fitted - more pics here http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/album.php?albumid=260

With the number of genuine S3 ones that are being nicked, I am seriously considering putting the black ones back on.

That or a sticker that says "Oi thicko these ones are only plastic so not worth anything on Ebay" - LOL

Paul