Overboost limit exceeded

cooky19

Shiny S line Quattro
Reaction score
Hi Guys I posted yesterday regarding my 2005 2.0 TDI 140 S line Quattro going into limp mode. Anyway a mate of mine has VAG com and he ran some tests and it appears that my turbo is producing excessive boost pressure which is causing it to go into limp mode. As I explained previously this is the second turbo I have had as the first one gave up the ghost at 19,800 miles the car is now approaching 36000 miles is they any way of repairing it? or are the stealers going say it is going to require another turbo. Thanks for your time reading this any help is much appreciated. Cheers Cooky

Can't the boost be adjusted, I don't know much about Audi's but on other turbos you can adjust the wastegate so it'll dump the boost at a lower pressure.

What was the fault codes as that should give you a good idea as to what is causing the turbo to over boost.

You need to check the signal pipe or wiring to the wastegate and solenoid, also check that the dump valve and solenoid is working.

You need to check the signal pipe or wiring to the wastegate and solenoid, also check that the dump valve and solenoid is working.

Diesels don`t have dump valves mate.