JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    happy happy happy :)

Status

What iPod adapter?

i'm fed up of using cds now and want to start using my ipod in my car.

i dont wanna pay alot (Ł50ish)
    Idealy, i'd like my ipod to be hidden in either my glove box or arm rest, and i want it be charged. ive got a nano 5th generation (dunno if that makes any difference)

Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks.
    04 Audi A3 2.0tdi Sport (140)
    GOT - Pretty standard at the moment, HIDs, Rear Tints, 18" S Line alloys, Wind Deflectors.
    WANT - facelift conversion with black grill (pm me if anyone has got any parts goin) remap, green cotton filter. and maybe a little install

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boycie

Status
    You might be able to retro-fit Audi's own ipod dock in your glovebox but will cost more than Ł50!

You can buy an FM transmitter but the quality of the music will be pretty crap!

Best bet is to buy a new head unit with ipod combatability eg alpine, becker, pioneer etc... and go from there

1st Gear

Status
    It all depends on what stereo you have in your car. This is the catalogue of the stereo's. http://www.kingslynn-audi.co.uk/asse...fotainment.pdf Then the connects2 ipod links into the back and will go in the glove box either this one http://www.carstereos4u.co.uk/audi-i...83-314020-.php or this one http://www.carstereos4u.co.uk/audi-i...020-674378.php
    HTH
    Neil
    3.2 V6 - Bring on the Burble!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    if you do go down the fm route the best one money can buy is made by monster, it has a built in amplifier and is worlds better than the others however like its said youre better saving and going for the full control though the fm will only set you back around Ł20

Status
    mine the Concert II.
    i think i would prefer a direct connection rather than a fm transmitter to be honest.

thanks for the help guys
    GOT - Pretty standard at the moment, HIDs, Rear Tints, 18" S Line alloys, Wind Deflectors.
    WANT - facelift conversion with black grill (pm me if anyone has got any parts goin) remap, green cotton filter. and maybe a little install

Status
    i think this one is the right one for mine http://www.carstereos4u.co.uk/audi-ipod-iphone-car-kit/connects2-ctaadipod004-audi-ipod-interface-adaptor-964884-314020-674378.php
    only problem is, its says it for "Concert II with Quadlock" mine is definalty a concert II, but i dont know what Quadlock is.

1st Gear

Status
    I've got a Factory fit ipod link in the glovebox on mine, Just tried it today with my iphone 3gs, it won't charge but it does come through the speakers perfectly so would recommend for that.
    Have seen an adapter on ebay to put on the end of the cable to make it charge the iphone, anyone any experience of this?

``!!$al ---

Status
    I sold one today for Ł28.00 to an asn member http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160413178004

Sal
    '12 Merc Benz C250 AMG Sport Auto
    '11
    BMW 325i Sports Coupe
    (Sold)
    '11 Merc Benz C250 Sport
    (Sold)
    '59
    A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '08 Mini John Cooper Works (Write Off)
    '09 A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition (Sold)
    '58 BMW 120M Sport (Sold)

On Wish List : Merc CL63 AMG Coupe

3rd Gear

Status
    i cant find one for my iphone 3gs

4th Gear

Status
    ive just fitted a genuine audi ipod kit (8E0 051 444) to mine and use a Scosche adaptor to allow charging also. works fine with my nano. hope this helps. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scosche-Passpo...item414b5c487a

1st Gear

Status
    the Scosche adaptor rocks. Works with my iphone 3G and Audi glovebox dock to allow charging and playing of tracks. Just a shame I have the older dock and stereo and not the newer 2010 Audi AMI interface that allows full ipod control.
    Sold:Audi S3 (2008 8P2 with upgrades by NHN)
    Phantom Black
    , Bucket Seats, Sunroof, Parking Sensors, FBMFSW, Armrest Phone Prep, Privacy Glass, ILP, FTW, BOSE, RNSE MkII SDS & AMI, Cruise Control, MY11 Folding/Dimming Mirrors, MY11 Rear Lights, Auto Lights/Wipers