What iPod adapter?

sam1014

happy happy happy :)
Reaction score
i'm fed up of using cds now and want to start using my ipod in my car.

i dont wanna pay alot (£50ish)
Idealy, i'd like my ipod to be hidden in either my glove box or arm rest, and i want it be charged. ive got a nano 5th generation (dunno if that makes any difference)

Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks.

You might be able to retro-fit Audi's own ipod dock in your glovebox but will cost more than £50!

You can buy an FM transmitter but the quality of the music will be pretty crap!

Best bet is to buy a new head unit with ipod combatability eg alpine, becker, pioneer etc... and go from there

if you do go down the fm route the best one money can buy is made by monster, it has a built in amplifier and is worlds better than the others however like its said youre better saving and going for the full control though the fm will only set you back around £20

mine the Concert II.
i think i would prefer a direct connection rather than a fm transmitter to be honest.

thanks for the help guys

I've got a Factory fit ipod link in the glovebox on mine, Just tried it today with my iphone 3gs, it won't charge but it does come through the speakers perfectly so would recommend for that.
Have seen an adapter on ebay to put on the end of the cable to make it charge the iphone, anyone any experience of this?

i cant find one for my iphone 3gs :(

the Scosche adaptor rocks. Works with my iphone 3G and Audi glovebox dock to allow charging and playing of tracks. Just a shame I have the older dock and stereo and not the newer 2010 Audi AMI interface that allows full ipod control.